Absent Member.
Absent Member.

count of test type distribution for both manual and automated...(not using the project overview report)

Hi, I am having trouble generating a report on the count of the types of automated tests in a project.

The project overview report test type distribution has exactly what I want, but I want to be able to just pull out that piece and generate a report on the test type distribution. 

I have looked using the sql wizard to build out a template, but it is does not give me the total counts just all the tests which I do not need, this would be a high level overview pie chart report.

the tables are a little confusing as to what columns names I should be using to pull the types of automated test from (processExecutor, performance tests, silk tests etc.)

any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi James,

You can get this information from the LQM tables such as:

SELECT tests.Type, COUNT(tests.Type) as "Total"
FROM LQM_V_Tests tests
WHERE tests.ProjectID_fk = ${$PROJECTID}
AND tests.Type != 'Manual'
GROUP BY tests.Type

I have excluded manual test types as well based on you are only looking for automated test types.

Any further questions let me know.

Thanks,
Matt
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

thanks Matthew, appreciate the help.

I am getting 2 different numbers between the project over reports test type distribution and the sql you sent me, can you let me know what is being included  \ excluded? are the status of the tests being taken into account?

for example the test type numbers in the overview report show a process executor of 164 tests 

where the sql is showing 192>

thanks!

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi James,

If you are using test packages this is where the difference can come from. For example if you have a test case such:

Logon - parent which was converted to test package
- Successful Login - Passed
- Failed Login - Failed

The report on LQM directly will include all three of these tests as they are on the tree. In the project overview report the top level is removed as this is not a standard test but rather made up of the two tests below.

To remove this from the report you can do the following:

SELECT tests.Type, COUNT(tests.Type) as "Total"
FROM LQM_V_Tests tests
INNER JOIN TM_TestDefinitions td ON tests.TestID_pk = td.TestPlanNodeID_pk_fk
WHERE tests.ProjectID_fk = 0
AND td.IsRegularTestDefinition = 1
AND tests.Type != 'Manual'
GROUP BY tests.Type

This should remove the top-level nodes which have been converted to a test package.

Thanks,
Matthew
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Matthew, this worked great.  The numbers are aligning now.

Appreciate the help!

I have another similar question, but around test execution results by test container,  I will create a new posting for it .

thanks!

James

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.