Absent Member.
Absent Member.

create report with links to test run attachments

Jump to solution

Hi,

we are currently running automated regression tests on a scheduled basis. These tests are at the moment fairly often failing due to environment problems but also due to other problems. Clicking through the test run ids and the test run results and looking in the attached files to identify the real failure reason is very cumbersome.

So i want to create a BIRT report that creates an overview of the attached files of a test run (taken from table TM_ResultFiles) and contains clickable links to directly open the (text) attachments. The problem is that is seems that the links to the attachments are not always the same. Every time I look into the "Test Run results" of the same test case, the links differ. It seems they are created dynamically.

Is it possible to get/use fix links to attachments or to create those dynamic links on my own? Or is there a different way I'm currently not thinking of?
Using an output.xml is currently not possible, as the logf information is too large.

Any help appreciated and thanks in advance,
Wolfgang

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Hi Wolfgang,

The result file links in the Test Run Results dialog are indeed generated and can't be reused.

But there is a web service call to retrieve result files, that is also used in the Manual Testing UI:

http://<server>:<port>/servicesExchange?hid=downloadattachment&type=resultfile&id=<resultFileID>

Note that this call needs an active session with the proper user permissions, but when included in a BIRT report in Silk Central it should work.

Regards,

Roland Kern

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Hi Wolfgang,

The result file links in the Test Run Results dialog are indeed generated and can't be reused.

But there is a web service call to retrieve result files, that is also used in the Manual Testing UI:

http://<server>:<port>/servicesExchange?hid=downloadattachment&type=resultfile&id=<resultFileID>

Note that this call needs an active session with the proper user permissions, but when included in a BIRT report in Silk Central it should work.

Regards,

Roland Kern

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Roland,

I just gave the link a try (manually entered in the browser) and it works perfectly.

Thanks,

Wolfgang

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.