Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

how to export test case id to execution planning from excel macro?

Hello,

Earlier we using HPQC for execution, we pulled test cases tp execute the tc which is exported from excel vba. Currently we migrated to silk central. Is there any possibility to export tc id to execution planning using vba?

thanks

Vinoth.

0 Likes
7 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi @vinoth006,

In Silk Central you can reference and use tests directly in execution planning, no need to have Excel involved. Maybe I do not fully understand your request - could you please explain what you are trying to achieve? Why do you have to export test cases?

Regards,

Hubert

0 Likes
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Hello Hubert,

Thanks for the response .

Total Test case 100: 

Step 1 : Completed 40 TC in the 1st software .

Step2 :New software released and i need to switch over and do the remaining 60 test case in new sw.

For this i am trying to export only the 60 tc to Silk by using the macro method.

Hope this is clear.

BR.

Vinoth.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi @vinoth006,

Did you migrate all your tests with the QCMigration tool to Silk Central?

If yes, you should now have all your tests in Silk Central, in the tests tree. For testing you use either an Execution Plan or a Testing Cycle. In both you can assign tests to an execution plan in the assigned tests area directly or by filter. There should not be any Excel involved.

Regards,

Hubert

0 Likes
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Hello Hubert,

Thanks for your response.

Yes i have moved all the TC from QC to Silk . 

Here i cant able to import to execution plan from excel macro.

Because during  the execution if any new software releases we need to switch over to the new software  and move the remaining TC id to the new sw branch for that only am trying to do an excel import to the silk tool from excel.

Thanks,

Vinoth.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi @vinoth006,

How is your workflow for a new software release? Do you create a new project per release?

Regards,

Hubert

0 Likes
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Hello @Hubert Inreiter 

No I will not create a new project .I will just add New Child Folder for every sw releases. 

In that will be adding sub sw releases.

BR.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi @vinoth006,

Why would you then have to import the tests again?

The tests are already in your project and you can run them again. If you need release dependent information in your tests, you can introduce this information via parameters without having to change the tests. You could even change the tests, since all information of the test at the time you started it is stored in the test run anyway. A new test run does not change the old test run.

Regards,

Hubert

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.