Absent Member.
Absent Member.

"Change status" option available via web services?

Jump to solution

Hello,

I would like to explore the option to change the status of a test case after the execution from outside of SILK - is it possible?

If possible it might be hard-linked to the RunIDs which the test cases get for a specific run - is this information available in the same way as the system variables in JUnit?

How can I achieve this?

Thanks,

Boris,

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: "Change status" option available via web services?

Jump to solution

Hi Boris,

Two possibilities:

1. It is possible to change the status of a test run via UI this way: Changing the Status of a Test Run

2. It is possible to update the status of a test run from outside of Silk Central with the REST API introduced in Silk Central 19.0.

Regards,

Hubert

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
UP

Can we change the status of a test case for a specific run? I assume No , but can you confirm?

Are you planning similar feature/option in the near future?

Thanks,
Boris,
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Boris,

Two possibilities:

1. It is possible to change the status of a test run via UI this way: Changing the Status of a Test Run

2. It is possible to update the status of a test run from outside of Silk Central with the REST API introduced in Silk Central 19.0.

Regards,

Hubert

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Thanks Hubert,

Option 1 is what we are using currently , hopefully once we migrate to 19.0 we can achieve the goal using the REST API (option 2).

I've read the online help and just want to mention: I wouldn't consider our setup as "external execution" - we are running JUnit tests triggered from SILK (pretty common) , what we are lacking currently is a way to change the status once the tests get their status. Imagine an external tool for offline analyzes (after the execution) , which decides to change the status from OK to NOK or vice versa...

I think you got the point , so we will test it once we have the newer version..

BR,
Boris,
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hi Hubert,

We are moving soon to the new version 19.0 , but I was wondering whether I can take a look at the new API in advance?

For example , I have a new question - beside changing the status of a test case for a specific run , we would also like to add dynamically a run comment - is it also planned API for the Run Comments?

Thanks,
Boris,
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Boris,

Yes it is possible to set a comment for a test run, but the execution plan run must not be finished.

The REST API provides a PUT method (/execution/testruns/{testRunId})

From the documentation: "The value in the body requires to specify the status property. The following optional properties can also be specified: duration, errorCount, warningCount, runComment, startTime, buildName."

Regarding the 19.0 version, you could try to get a trial version via supportline.

Regards,

Hubert

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: RE: "Change status" option available via web services?

Jump to solution

So there is nothing available on 18.5? We need to programatically change the status of about 100 tests from PASSED to FAILED because they have issues assigned and they are postponed for next release.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.