Absent Member.
Absent Member.

report on test cycle name, testcases, tester and priority (test cycle)..

Jump to solution

Hi, I am trying to create a report that will include the testcycle and priority along with the tests, status of the test cycle, product and tester.

was hoping someone can help me out, I tried putting together a report but having issues with including the priority and product  as the joins are becoming a little complicated (if I am doing it right at all), if there is another approach please let me know.

here is what I got so far:

SELECT DISTINCT tse.TestName, tde.StatusName, cycle.NodeID_pk
CycleID, cycle.NodeName CycleName, mtr.ChangedBy as Tester, mtr.ChangedAt
AS ChangedAt
FROM RV_TestingCycleStatus tcs
INNER JOIN RV_TestStatusExtended tse ON tse.ExecutionParentFolderID
= tcs.TestingCycleID
INNER JOIN TM_V_TestDefExecutions tde ON tde.TestDefExecID_pk_fk
= tse.TestRunID
INNER JOIN TM_ManualTestResults mtr ON mtr.TestDefExecID_pk_fk
= tde.TestDefExecID_pk_fk
INNER JOIN RTM_V_ExecTreeNodes cycle ON cycle.NodeID_pk = tcs.TestingCycleID
WHERE TestingCycleID = ${execNode_Id_0|3|ExecNodeID}
AND tcs.ProjectID = ${$PROJECTID}

thanks!

James

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
thanks Hubert, I will give the SQL a try.....appreciate the help!

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Hi James,

1. Product:
Based on your query you just have to add tse.ProductCode to the SELECT.

2. Priority:
As you are working with Testing Cycles it is not clear which Priority you want to query:

You can set Priority on Execution Plans, but not on Testing Cycles
You could add an attribute Priority to a Test
You can set a property Priority to a Requirement

Which Priority do you need in the result of the query?

Regards,

Hubert
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi Hubert, thanks for the reply....I am looking pulling the data for priority of a test cycles execution plan...sorry I should have been more clear on that.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Hi James,

In your query you can add the Priority from these columns:
tse.Priority ExecPlanPriority, cycle.Priority CyclePriority

But I wonder if this is what you really want. The Priority in context of execution planning is used for the execution of automated tests, not for manual testing. Therefore it is not visible in UI for testing cycles.

The concept of attributes for execution plans (including testing cycles) is planned for Silk Central 18.0. Then it will be possible to add custom information in form of attributes like it is possible for tests.

Regards,
Hubert
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi Hubert, thanks for the info. I did notice that all test cycles are set to medium for the test cycle execution plan, I don't see how it can be changed so would not be what I want to report on, is this what you are referring to?
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Hi James,

Yes, that's what I was referring to. Semantically there is no Priority for Testing Cycles.

Regards,
Hubert
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi Hubert, I do need to report on the test case priority. The team created an attribute called 'Test Case priority' and would like to report on it, but not sure where to pull that info from.
can you let me know where this attribute field is in the tables and how to include it in the sql?

this is the sql:

SELECT DISTINCT tse.TestName, tde.StatusName, cycle.NodeID_pk
CycleID, cycle.NodeName CycleName, mtr.ChangedBy as Tester, mtr.ChangedAt
AS ChangedAt
INNER JOIN RV_TestStatusExtended tse ON tse.ExecutionParentFolderID
= tcs.TestingCycleID
INNER JOIN TM_V_TestDefExecutions tde ON tde.TestDefExecID_pk_fk
= tse.TestRunID
INNER JOIN TM_ManualTestResults mtr ON mtr.TestDefExecID_pk_fk
= tde.TestDefExecID_pk_fk

thanks in advance,
James
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Hi James,

A snapshot of the attributes which were set for a test on execution start can be found in table "TM_ExecInputAttributes". Later modifications of attributes do not change the values in this table.

Below you can find a modified version of you query which adds the Test Case priority to the result.

SELECT DISTINCT tse.TestName, tde.StatusName, cycle.NodeID_pk CycleID, cycle.NodeName CycleName, mtr.ChangedBy as Tester,
mtr.ChangedAt AS ChangedAt, eia.AttributeValue AS "Test Case priority"
INNER JOIN RV_TestStatusExtended tse ON tse.ExecutionParentFolderID = tcs.TestingCycleID
INNER JOIN TM_V_TestDefExecutions tde ON tde.TestDefExecID_pk_fk = tse.TestRunID
INNER JOIN TM_ManualTestResults mtr ON mtr.TestDefExecID_pk_fk = tde.TestDefExecID_pk_fk
LEFT JOIN TM_ExecInputAttributes eia ON tse.TestRunID = eia.ExecutionID_pk_fk AND eia.AttributeName_pk = 'Test Case priority'

Regards,
Hubert
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
this is great, Thanks for all the help Hubert, very much appreciated!

James
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi Hubert, so i was trying to modify the below code and also add in another attribute but I am failing miserably, it appears the attribute does not return any data for either attribute but when I just use the original code all works fine?

any help greatly appreciated,

SELECT DISTINCT cycle.NodeName CycleName, tse.TestName, eia.AttributeValue AS "Test Case priority", eia.AttributeValue AS "Application (Mandatory)", tde.StatusName, mtr.ChangedBy as Tester,
mtr.ChangedAt AS ChangedAt, cycle.NodeID_pk CycleID
INNER JOIN RV_TestStatusExtended tse ON tse.ExecutionParentFolderID = tcs.TestingCycleID
INNER JOIN TM_V_TestDefExecutions tde ON tde.TestDefExecID_pk_fk = tse.TestRunID
INNER JOIN TM_ManualTestResults mtr ON mtr.TestDefExecID_pk_fk = tde.TestDefExecID_pk_fk
LEFT JOIN TM_ExecInputAttributes eia ON tse.TestRunID = eia.ExecutionID_pk_fk AND eia.AttributeName_pk = 'Test Case priority' AND eia.AttributeName_pk = 'Application (Mandatory)'

a side note I also want to return the data for 'configuration' field but just wanted to get the attributes working first as the Configuration field is coming from a different table?
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi James,

I think the issue is the condition of the left join:

"…

LEFT JOIN TM_ExecInputAttributes eia ON tse.TestRunID = eia.ExecutionID_pk_fk AND eia.AttributeName_pk = 'Test Case priority' AND eia.AttributeName_pk = 'Application (Mandatory)'

…"

If you want to include both attributes in one row then you would have add a JOIN for each attribute:

"…

LEFT JOIN TM_ExecInputAttributes eia1 ON tse.TestRunID = eia1.ExecutionID_pk_fk AND eia1.AttributeName_pk = 'Test Case priority'

LEFT JOIN TM_ExecInputAttributes eia2 ON tse.TestRunID = eia2.ExecutionID_pk_fk AND eia2.AttributeName_pk = 'Application (Mandatory)'

…"

And of course in the SELECT you have to change the AttributeValues to:

"… eia1.AttributeValue AS "Test Case priority", eia2.AttributeValue AS "Application (Mandatory)" …"

Regards,

Hubert

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
thanks hubert...see now how the attributes need be pulled from the tables.

can you help out on the configuration field, I also would like to include it in a report? I don't know what table that field is in?

thanks for your help...very much appreciated!
James
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.