Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

trigger lucene update

Hello,

is there a possibility to trigger the lucene update?

I often use the search functionality in Silk Central for find and replace a string. Unfortunately the search index is updated every 240 minutes by default. So I have to wait upto 6 hours until the changed string is found. So I am looking for the possibility to manually trigger the update.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: trigger lucene update

Hi @ThomasS1,

Yes, it is possible to trigger the lucene update. Connect to JMX (e.g. with jconsole) to your FrontendServer process and locate the MBean "borland.com:type=Frontend,name=LuceneIndexService". Call the operation rebuildIndex() to start building the index immediately.

Some general information on JMX and Silk Central can be found here:

https://www.microfocus.com/documentation/silk-central/20.5/en/silkcentral-help-en/SCTM-A38594D9-CONFIGURINGJMXSETTINGS-REF.html

Regards,

Hubert

Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Re: trigger lucene update

Thanks a lot Hubert, works perfect.

Regards, Thomas

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.