upgrade silk central to 17 step to follow
I read the documentation for upgrading silk central http://documentation.microfocus.com/help/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.microfocus.sctm.doc%2FSCTM-4222240C-UPGRADING-TSK.html
Do you any other suggestion or document apart from this
Thanks in Advance
the link you posted contains all necessary steps to upgrade to Silk Central 17.0.
What additional information are you looking for?
Thanks for the reply, I have to upgrade silk meter , should get new license and then upgrade to silk central 17.How much time does it take for the whole process ?
I upgraded to silk central 17 a few days ago.
The upgrade documentation is not complete : you must request a new license file even if you don't have to upgrade silk meter.
To get a new license file:
- go on Micro Focus support website
- go in "Product Update"
- search the product update you want (silk central 17)
- In result of this search, you will have the link(s) to download the product update(s)
- Click on "Request Latest Version" => this link will allows you to generate a new license file
Normally, the license file is sent automatically when you submit your request. We had some issue and didn't receive the license file when requested it.
Open a support incident to get the detailed request procedure.
No I don't have a documentation on that topic. And I am not a Micro Focus employee so please contact the support to get the detailed and officail procedure to request a new license file.
We installed silk central a few month ago so we have only one SCTM instance with a few users and some small projects. The link was the same after upgrade. We had no issue during this upgrade.
The steps for upgrade are basically as follows:
1. Take a backup of your Silk Central database
2. Uninstall Silk Central
- If upgrading Silk Meter, uninstall this also
3. Install Silk Central 17.0
- This will look different as it uses an Instance Manager to manage multiple instances
4. Install Silk Meter version you need
5. Open Instance Administration
6. Click on your Frontend Instance URL, and connect this to your Database server
- This will then automatically update your database schema to a supported version for Silk Central 17.0
- You should be able to login as the admin user, but may receive a license error
7. Follow the steps mentioned by Christophe for applying for new licenses for the 17.0 version
- Contact Support and open an incident if you do not recieve this automatically
8. Use Silk Meter to import these licenses
- Make sure to change your License Server Configuration for SIlk Central and Silk Meter, so that they point to the correct location
9. Restart your Silk Central Instance Administrator Service for Silk Meter changes to take effect
10. You should now be able to connect.
As mentioned, these are the basic steps for upgrading.
If you do have a specific setup that you are going to use going forward, eg Frontend server separate from application and database for example, then please open a support incident and we can provide answers to any specific questions that you have after this. I hope this helps.
Product Support Engineer
When you upgrade, you will be connecting to the same database as you previously used for 16.5.
Therefore, you will still have all of your Requirements, Tests and so on, from your previous setup.
Please let us know if you do have any further questions.
Product Support Engineer