Absent Member.
Absent Member.

upgrade silk central to 17 step to follow

I read the documentation for upgrading silk central http://documentation.microfocus.com/help/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.microfocus.sctm.doc%2FSCTM-4222240C-UPGRADING-TSK.html

Do you any other suggestion or document apart from this

Thanks in Advance  

0 Likes
13 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi vineeth,

This is the recommended way for upgrading to SC 17.0. Do you have any specific questions on this?

Regards,

Hubert

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

how should i do that and step and procedures for that

0 Likes

Vineeth,

the link you posted contains all necessary steps to upgrade to Silk Central 17.0.

What additional information are you looking for?

Regards,

Florian

Product Owner - Silk
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for the reply, I have to upgrade silk meter , should get  new license and then upgrade to silk central 17.How much time does it take for the whole process ?

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Veneeth,

I upgraded to silk central 17 a few days ago.

The upgrade documentation is not complete : you must request a new license file even if you don't have to upgrade silk meter.

To get a new license file:

- go on Micro Focus support website

- go in "Product Update"

- search the product update you want (silk central 17)

- In result of this search, you will have the link(s) to download the product update(s)

- Click on "Request Latest Version" => this link will allows you to generate a new license file

Normally, the license file is sent automatically when you submit your request. We had some issue and didn't receive the license file when requested it.

Open a support incident to get the detailed request procedure.

Regards,

Christophe

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Christopher,

Do you have any documentation with you , precaution or step you followed to upgrade

Do you have same link after upgrade ?

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

No I don't have a documentation on that topic. And I am not a Micro Focus employee so please contact the support to get the detailed and officail procedure to request a new license file.

We installed silk central a few month ago so we have only one SCTM instance with a few users and some small projects. The link was the same after upgrade. We had no issue during this upgrade.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi vineeth,

The steps for upgrade are basically as follows:

1. Take a backup of your Silk Central database

2. Uninstall Silk Central

- If upgrading Silk Meter, uninstall this also

3. Install Silk Central 17.0

- This will look different as it uses an Instance Manager to manage multiple instances

4. Install Silk Meter version you need

5. Open Instance Administration

6. Click on your Frontend Instance URL, and connect this to your Database server

- This will then automatically update your database schema to a supported version for Silk Central 17.0

- You should be able to login as the admin user, but may receive a license error

7. Follow the steps mentioned by Christophe for applying for new licenses for the 17.0 version

- Contact Support and open an incident if you do not recieve this automatically

8. Use Silk Meter to import these licenses

- Make sure to change your License Server Configuration for SIlk Central and Silk Meter, so that they point to the correct location

9. Restart your Silk Central Instance Administrator Service for Silk Meter changes to take effect

10. You should now be able to connect.

As mentioned, these are the basic steps for upgrading.

If you do have a specific setup that you are going to use going forward, eg Frontend server separate from application and database for example, then please open a support incident and we can provide answers to any specific questions that you have after this. I hope this helps.

Many Thanks,

Conor

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks,

If i update to SCTM 17 from SCTM 16.5 and will i have all my requirement and test cases in new SCTM 17

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi vineeth,

When you upgrade, you will be connecting to the same database as you previously used for 16.5.

Therefore, you will still have all of your Requirements, Tests and so on, from your previous setup.

Please let us know if you do have any further questions.

Thanks again,

Conor

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Should we unistall silk meter and silk central first or can we over write new software on it ?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.