Error: WebEngine: 43 - No response from host - connection lost! , SendRequest first attempt
We have discovered an issue in SilkPerformer 15.0 and SilkPerformer 15.5 where server connections are closed with the server header setting “Keep-Alive: timeout=1, max=100”. The issue is that, on the SilkPerformer side, we do not recognise that the connection was closed and continued to send data. This results in the ‘WebEngine: 43 - No response from host’ error.
This has now been resolved with SilkPerformer 15.5 Hotfix2 (SP155_HF2.zip) which is available (after logging in) from the Supportline ‘Product Updates’ website:
Note that this has also been resolved with SilkPerformer 16.0, also available from the Supportline Website.
If you are not using SilkPerformer 15.0 or SilkPerformer 15.5, see the following:
This error message indicates that SilkPerformer did not receive a valid response from the server and assumes that the connection has been dropped.
This error could be server-side, or network related. To pinpoint the root cause you should monitor the server and network devices while you are running a loadtest with an increasing workload using the Server Analysis Module.
The following default measures will be useful:
- Active Users: Use this measure to determine how many users are active.
- Transactions per Second: If you see a sharp decrease in this graph, it may indicate that some part of the system is exceeding its limits.
- Errors per Second: Use this measure to identify errors.
- Concurrent Connections: Use this measure with Errors per Second to pinpoint bottlenecks.
- Data Sent and Received: Use these measures to help determine if the issue is bandwidth related.
- Page Time: Use this measure to estimate network time (Page Time= Server Busy Time + Network Time).
- Server Busy Time: Use this measure to indicate the length of time that the server is acting on the request.
You should also monitor operating system data of your server i.e. CPU and Memory counters to see if there is any correlation with errors.