Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

How can I do a remote installation of Silk Performer?

How can I do a remote installation of Silk Performer?

A remote install can be used to install Silk Performer Agent software (not Silk Performer Workbench or SOA) remotely from one machine to another.

This can be done using perfrsmanager.exe from within the Silk Performer root installation folder. i.e. from the directory

c:\program files\borland\Silk Performer

run the command:

perfrsmanager -i -host

Below are some further options which can be used with the perfrsmanager.exe command:

Usage: perfRsManager -mode -host {-option {values} }

-mode

-i Install the Agent software on a remote computer.
-r Uninstall the Agent software from a remote computer.

-host Hostname or IP address of the remote computer.

Installation options:

-log Write an installation log file, named "perfRsLog_.log", to the current directory. For example, if you install the Agent software on the host "lab15", the log file "perfRsLog_lab15.log" will be generated.

-user Name of a Windows NT/2000 domain user. For remote access, a user who has appropriate permissions on the remote computer must be. specified. Omit this parameter if you want to access the remote computer with your current user name.

-domain Name of the Windows NT/2000 domain to which the specified user belongs. Omit this parameter if the user belongs to the same domain as the computer from which you invoke the installation.

-pwdUser Password for the specified user. Omit this parameter if no password is required.

-denyConfig
The remote agent computer denies to be configured from a different computer.

-denyReboot The remote agent computer denies to be rebooted from a different computer.

-doReboot Initiates a restart of the remote machine after installation, if necessary due to update of runtime libraries.

Update and remove options:

-log Write an installation log file, named "perfRsLog_.log", to the current directory. For example, if you install the Agent software on the host "lab15", the log file "perfRsLog_lab15.log" will be generated.

-port Number of the port to which the remote agent computer responds. The default port number is 19200.

-ssl Use SSL for the communication with the remote agent computer. When SSL is used, the remote agent computer is contacted at the default port for secure connections, that is port 19201. If your agent computer responds to a different port, you must specify the port number with the "-port" parameter.

-httpProxy Name and port number of the HTTP proxy via which the communication
with the remote computer should take place ( ).

-socksProxy Name and port number of the SOCKS proxy via which the communication with the remote computer should take place ( )

-pwdService Password with which the Agent software on the remote computer
is protected from unauthorized access.

Below is an example of a typical command use to install a Silk Performer Agent from command line:

perfRsManager -i -host DeepBlue -log -domain intra -user nobody -pwdUser 123

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Top Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2013-02-15 19:09
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.