How can I monitor Real Time measures such as Active Users from a remote machine?
To add an ‘Active Users’ (or similar Real Time measure) monitor for an agent other than localhost do the following:
• In the Monitor window, Right click and select ‘Add Data Source’
• Click Next in the Data source Wizard with ‘Select from pre-defined data source’ selected
• On the System Selection screen, expand SILK | SILKPERFORMER XX and choose ‘Agent (perfmon)’. Then select Next
• On the Connection parameters screen, enter the Hostname of the agent machine (and username / password if required). Then select Next
• On the Select Measures screen, select ‘Active Users’. Then select finish
You will then have all the same measures for the agent as you have for localhost.