Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

How can I resolve the error OraFormsLogon(OraForms: 21 - Communication Error., class java.io.EOFException) when replaying an Oracle Forms script?

How can I resolve the error OraFormsLogon(OraForms: 21 - Communication Error., class java.io.EOFException) when replaying an Oracle Forms script?

This information is specific to Silk Performer 7.3.1

This error can be reported as the result of 2 issues, both of which have been addressed with patch SP731_Patch_15_OraForms.

Issue 1
When Oracle Forms 10G was introduced the actual Oracle Forms Client version was 904XXX. This has now been modified in the more recent versions of Oracle Forms 10G to 10.X.X.X. The SilkPerformer recorder does not recognize the version 10.X.X.X and scripts the OraFormsInit function with the nVersion parameter set to ORA_FORMS_9I.

OraFormsInit("", "", , ORA_FORMS_9I);

A possible workaround apart from applying the patch is to modify the nVersion parameter of the OraFormsInit function to ORA_FORMS_10G as shown:

OraFormsInit("", "", , ORA_FORMS_10G);

Issue 2
This error can also be reported due to incorrect cookie handling. Cookies are received by the browser and also by the applet while communicating with the Oracle Forms server which are handled in an identical manner by the replay engine. It should not be handled in this way and the patch will correct this behaviour.

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Top Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2013-02-15 18:40
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.