Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

How can I work out the time my page request spent on my network?

How can I work out the time my page request spent on my network?

To work out the time your request from the client to the server spent on the network you will need to subtract the server busy time from your page time. This time will then give you the transmission time of your request.

To work out the times it takes your pages embedded objects to download you should use the equation: Page time - Document download time. Please note that this will not include rendering time.

If you are trying to calculate the exact time a request spent on a network it is important to understand that in a LAN network this time should be so minimal as to be negligible. If this is not the case, and the network is a bottleneck, then your environment is not really suitable to hosting load tests as you will be load testing the network, not the server.

To give some kind of approximation of network latency we use page times which measures the time from the FIRST byte of the client request until the LAST byte of the server response including all embedded documents such as images, css files , java applets, etc.

For more details on the timers that SilkPerformer provides please see the resolution What is the difference between Page Times, Document Download Times, Round Trip Times and Server Busy Times ?

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Top Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2013-02-15 18:52
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.