Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

How do I configure SilkPerformer Performance Explorer to monitor my custom web server?

How do I configure SilkPerformer Performance Explorer to monitor my custom web server?

If you have created a custom web server it may be possible to use SilkPerformer Server Analysis Module to monitor it for statistics and performance metrics. This will be dependent on the technology used by your application to generate these metrics. SilkPerformer SAM has inbuilt support for many web servers including, but not limited to IIS, Apache and Netscape. However it also has other methods of pulling performance data from custom applications if they use a monitoring technology that SilkPerformer SAM supports.

The supported technologies are:
- JMX Data
- NT Performance Monitor Data
- REXEC Data
- SNMP Data

If you have implemented one of these technologies for generating performance metrics for your application then SilkPerformer SAM can access your web server and load these values into Performance Explorer. They can then be charted in real time like all other data in Performance Explorer.

To configure SilkPerformer Server Analysis Module to pull data from one of the supported technologies follow these steps...

- Click on Monitor Server in Performance Explorer
- Select from pre-defined data sources
- Choose Custom data at the bottom of the list and select your method
- Click Next
- Enter the connection and authentication details for your server
- Click Next
- Select the counters you want to include (see below)
- Click Finish

The performance metrics should now be collected through the chosen methods and presented on the chart.

For further advice or information please contact Support.

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Comments

Doesn't SilkPerformer SAM also cost money to implement?  That is, unless it was purchased with SilkPerformer one would have to buy it?  There is not a free version like there is for dynaTrace.

Top Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2013-02-15 19:06
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.