How do I set up an application profile to record my SAPGUI application?
If SAPGUI does not appear in the Application profile field, this could mean that you do not have a SAPGUI client installed in your machine. Note: if you do not, install SAPGUI Client 620 with patch 44 or higher. Then create a new Silk Performer Sap GUI project.
This issue may also occur if you are using a MiniSap installation. In order to set up an Application Profile for SAP please follow the steps below
- Go to SETTINGS | SYSTEM | RECORDER | APPLICATION PROFILE
- Add the executable for the client application into the application path field. e.g. C:\Program Files\SAP\FrontEnd\SAPgui\saplogon.exe]
- Select the "Custom Type" as the application type.
- Check the SAPGUI check box in the API section.
- Make sure that the Web check box is not selected as this will cause TCP/IP functions to be recorded instead of SAP functions.
- It should now be possible to record the SAPGUI traffic successfully.