Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

If I am unable to monitor a Server using the SSH.sep SilkEssential how can I confirm if there is a problem with the connection?

If I am unable to monitor a Server using the SSH.sep SilkEssential how can I confirm if there is a problem with the connection?

Open the SilkEssential package (SSH.sep) using Winzip and extract the contents. Once you have done this you will find an executable called "Plink.exe", this is a command-line interface to the SSH daemon running on the Server. This executable is then used to create secure sessions between the Plink client and the SSH daemon.

To test if you can establish a valid connection between the computer on which SilkPerformer is installed and the Server you wish to monitor you can run the Plink tool from the command prompt.

When you run the Plink executable you should see a list of the options you can use to connect to a remote system using the SSH protocol. An example would be the following command which will list the number of processes running on a Sun Unix box:

C:\SSH>plink -ssh -pw pass root@MyServer "ps -ef | wc -l"

Will return the number of processes running, e.g. 101

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Top Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2013-02-15 18:54
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.