Is it possible to calculate the Median response time for my measures ?
For more information on how to generate percentile reports for your measures please see the following resolution:-
How can I view the k-th percentile of a set of measurements ?
Prior to Silk Performer 6.5 it was necessary to export your results from Performance Explorer into a spreadsheet and calculate the median from there.
To export to a CSV file from Performance Explorer follow the steps below:
- Within Performance Explorer browse to Wizard | Export Wizard
- Select the data you want to export and where you want to export it to.
- Click Finish
- This will save csv file to the location you specified
To open the csv file in Excel follow the steps below:
- Open the CSV file in Excel
- Select the cell where you want to display the nth percentile value in.
- From the Insert menu select Function
- For Function category select Statistical and for Function name select Median
- Enter the Range containing the timers for which you wish to create the percentile. This should be in the standard Excel format such as A1:A20. This can also be entered by highlighting the cells containing the data.
- Click OK
- The median should be displayed in your spreadsheet.