Recommended Browser and Operating System Settings for Browser-Driven Testing
Several Internet Explorer browser settings are critical to maintaining stable test executions for Browser-Driven tests.
Please note that it is not always required to change all of these settings for successful record/replay but you should try to use the recommended settings below if you have any issues.
Internet Explorer Browser settings are located at Tools > Internet Options
- Internet Options - General Tab
- Set IE home page to [about:blank] [Minimizes start-up time of new tabs]
- Disable warning for closing multiple tabs [Avoids unexpected dialog boxes]
- Enable switch to new tab when tabs are created [Links that open new tabs may not otherwise replay correctly]
- Internet Options - Privacy Tab
- Disable pop-up blocker [Ensures that your Website can open new windows]
- Internet Options - Content Tab
- Disable Auto Complete [Avoids unexpected dialog boxes; avoids unexpected data input while typing]
- Internet Options - Programs Tab
- Only enable required add-ons [Third-party add-ons may contain defects; third-party add-ons may be incompatible]
- Internet Options - Advanced Tab - Section "Security"
- Disable "Check for publisher's certificate revocation" [Avoids problems when a revocation check cannot be completed]
- Disable "Check for server certificate revocation" [Avoids problems when a revocation check cannot be completed]
- Disable "Warn about certificate address mismatch" [Avoids certificate errors]
- Compatibility View Settings
- Disable “Display intranet sites in Compatibility View”
- Disable “Use Microsoft compatibility lists”
- Remove all added websites
- Disable IE Enhanced Security Configuration (on a Windows server operating system)
- Computer-> Manage -> Configure IE ESC -> off
- or "Server Manager" - Local Server - IE Enhanced Security Configuration - Off
- Internet Options - "Security" tab
- For each zone (Internet, Local intranet, Trusted sites, restricted sites)
- Disable "Enable Protected Mode ..."
- Set the security level to the lowest possible