What is required to create an enhanced QAPhooks log file?
To create an enhanced QAPhooks record log file an environment variable setting will need to be added / amended. The steps required are as follows
- Close SilkPerformer.
- Edit the system"s Environment Variables
START | SETTINGS | CONTROL PANEL | SYSTEM | ADVANCED Tab | ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
- Create / set the following "System Variable":
Variable Name: QAP_DEBUG_QAPHOOKS Variable Value: enable_enh_log
- The "c:\qaphooks.log" log file will now be created when you record.
- It is important to disable this setting by setting the value to "0", otherwise when debugging is finished, this file will continue to grow.
Environment Settings for Logging and Debugging
Name: QAP_DEBUG_QAPHOOKS Possible Values:
- 0 = No log file generation
- 1 = Minimum log file generation
- enable_enh_log = Enhanced debug log file generation