Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

What ports do I need to open on a Firewall, when monitoring WebSphere 3.5-4.0 with Performance Explorer?

What ports do I need to open on a Firewall, when monitoring WebSphere 3.5-4.0 with Performance Explorer?

Corba and IIOP are used underneath for monitoring WebSphere servers which means that on each startup, the server dynamically assigns the ports for the remote objects that will be accessed by the WebSphere PMI ( Performance Monitoring Interface), and hence Performance Explorer. That is, all except the pre-defined port 900 that is used for bootstrapping. Consequently, aside from port 900, it is impossible to determine the other ports that should be allowed by the firewall. This will be true when using just the PMI without Performance Explorer.

Therefore, the only options are:-

• To monitor from behind the firewall
  • To monitor using the Performance Servlet. This is only available on WebSphere 4.0 and above. This technique only uses one port - by default 80 - and the communication is based on HTTP.

For more details on the Performance Servlet setup, please see:-How do I configure IBM WebSphere Application Server 4.x "Performance Servlet" in order to monitor using Performance Explorer?

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Top Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2013-02-15 18:53
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.