What settings are required to successfully record and replay an application which uses both HTTP Web and Java RMI?
How do I set up an application profile to record my Java application?
Please check the follow settings:
- Check that the Java logs are set to debug, by navigating to SETTINGS | ACTIVE PROFILE | JAVA | LOGGING
- Set the log level to Debug
- Also navigate to SETTINGS | ACTIVE PROFILE | SCRIPT | JAVA
- Check "detailed" for both radio button groups.
- To avoid recording the traffic at both Java level and TCP/IP level it is necessary to suppress the recording of the RMI traffic at the TCP/IP level. This can be achieved as follows
Edit the SOCKS proxy and enter correct ports into the field "Suppress Recording (only forward data)".
These ports can be identified from the WebTcpipConnect functions in the script.
- Once the TCPIP traffic has been suppressed it will be necessary to record again.
Some additional changes are required for compile and replay of the script.
- If an applet is being recorded then it is necessary to comment out the first two lines of the BDL script. These two lines are JavaSetOption function calls.
- It is also important to add the correct Jar files to the replay settings SETTINGS | ACTIVE PROFILE | REPLAY | JAVA | CLASSPATH | SELECT FILE
Information on the required Jar files is listed in the commented section at the top of the .Java file. To allow successful download of the JAR file it is necessary to use the following steps
- Copy the URL of the file from the comment in the recorded Java Script
- Paste the copied URL into the address bar of a browser
- Press Enter
- Select "Save" and select the required location.