What should I consider when upgrading from Issue Manager 3.x to 4.x?
You should follow the steps as outlined in "Issue Manager Installation Guide: Upgrading to SilkCentral Issue Manager"
You should also consider the points below:
- If you are currently using versions 3.0 - 3.1, please upgrade to version 3.3 before upgrading to version 4.x
- Upgrade to the latest version of Issue Manager as there are enhancements in the later version.
- Ensure that any Issue Type which has been set to a custom value is reset to the default values
- Ensure that no users attempt to log new issues in the OLD database during a database import.
- Users can enter issues in other new projects in the TARGET database but during the import the target server might be very slowso imports should be started when the minimum number of users isexpected
- Increase HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Segue FrontendServer\ImagePath if you get an out of memory error during import
- If you see the "..rollback() should not be called while inauto-commit mode.. " error when trying to import SilkCentral Issue Manager 3.x data into a SilkCentral Issue Manager 2006R2 project then you should apply hotfix SCTM85_Hotfix_06 and try the import again.
NOTE: SilkCentral Test Manager 2006 includes Issue Manager 4.1,this version is not available standalone, however you will need TestManager + IssueManager licenses to use it.
Original KBID: 23683
Old KB# 34607