When attempting to install SilkPerformer 7.2 why does it detect my SilkPerformer 6.0 version and stop the installation?
This is a known issue with the setup and only occurs when version 6.0 already exists on the machine. You can either uninstall version 6.0 before installing 7.2 or edit the registry entry as detailed below. It is recommended that someone with knowledge of the registry edits it and that you always backup the registry before making any modifications.
To edit the registry:
- Open Registry Editor (START | RUN | Type "regedit").
- Locate the Registry key "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\B93FE24FBB1AB6D4EB6DFAD7BB5BDC55"
- Rename this Registry key, for example, to "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\B93FE24FBB1AB6D4EB6DFAD7BB5BDC55.BACKUP".
- Install SilkPerformer 7.2
- Once SilkPerformer 7.2 is installed rename the registry key back to the original value