Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

When opening my .NET Explorer project why do I encounter the error Object reference not set to an instance of an object?

When opening my .NET Explorer project why do I encounter the error Object reference not set to an instance of an object?

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at NetExplorer.XmlHelper.GetNodeByName(XmlNode parentNode, String sName)
at NetExplorer.XmlHelper.GetXPathInfo(String sXml, Boolean bBody, String sFuncName, ArrayList sFieldNames, String& sXPath, String& sNS, ArrayList xmlNSDefs)..

The above exception can occur in the .NET Explorer when using variables as input parameters for method calls. By default the .NET Explorer accepts either constant values or variables to be used as an input values for a method call; the problem occurs if you have an array of input values (i.e. a method call which expects multiple input values). In this type of scenario you can use a variable (a) for the whole array or (b) for one or many of the array values.

The exception has been raised when scenario has been implemented (b); in which a method which had an array of length 5 had 4 constant values and 1 variables assigned as input values for the array of length 5. This caused the .NET Explorer exception because the one variable input value was not being handled as part of the array.

This problem is a known issue in both SilkPerformer 2008 R2 and 2009; if you encounter the error then please contact Support and request a hotfix for the issue.

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Top Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2013-02-15 20:46
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.