Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

When running an ODBC loadtest why do I receive the error: "OdbcConnect ODBC: 5 - ODBC error, xxxx (0) : [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager]" only on my Agent install?

When running an ODBC loadtest why do I receive the error: "OdbcConnect ODBC: 5 - ODBC error, xxxx (0) : [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager]" only on my Agent install?

If the error does not occur during Try Script, or under load on the Silk Performer install, then the error is an Agent configuration / connection issue.

To resolve the error do the following on the Agent machine reporting the error:

Go to:
START | SETTINGS | CONTROL PANEL | ADMINISTRATIVE TOOLS | DATA SOURCES (ODBC)

This will open the ODBC DATA SOURCE ADMINISTRATOR dialog

When generating ODBC traffic on a Silk Performer Agent install it is imperative that you have the "ODBC DATA SOURCE | SYSTEM DSN" configured on the Agent machine. This System DSN should exactly match the DSN you have configured on the Silk Performer MMC. Each Agent install requires an ODBC driver in order to generate ODBC traffic.

Double-click the System DSN and go through the configuration steps until you get to the "Test Data Source" button, press this button and ensure that you receive a "TESTS COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY!" message.

Once you have done this the Agent error should be resolved.

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Top Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2013-02-15 18:57
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.