Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

When trying to record a web application why would I get a "Page cannot be displayed" message in IE and see the error "Error(#500, could not connect to remote server)" in my record log?

When trying to record a web application why would I get a "Page cannot be displayed" message in IE and see the error "Error(#500, could not connect to remote server)" in my record log?

If this happens it is possible that the PerfRec.exe connection is being blocked by a firewall installed on the machine.

From the Record log of one of the scripts:

WinSockCall(#920, connect)
{
connecting to 173.16.1.2 : 80
redirecting to 10.64.20.41 : 1080
}
AcceptClientConnect(#504)
Error(#504, could not connect to remote server)
{
host: 173.16.1.2 : 80
port: 80
}

You should go to your system admin and ask them to ensure that the firewall is not blocking the recorder from doing any network activity, and that all components of Silk Performer are being allowed all network activity.

If you have checked this and this issue still occurs, please contact Support.

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Top Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2013-02-15 18:42
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.