Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

Why are all of my Virtual Users active from the start of a test when using a Warm up time in a Queuing Workload?

Why are all of my Virtual Users active from the start of a test when using a Warm up time in a Queuing Workload?

This is due to state a "Virtual Users" is in during the warm up period. For example, during the warm up period Virtual Users are considered to be in an active state (i.e. executing, wait DB, document downloading, and thinktime).

This means that all users are considered as ACTIVE Users from the moment the loadtest kicks off (due to the warm up time inclusion)

Where as, in the workload which has no warm up time the users are only considered active in an queuing workload test as they are added to the load over time.

Active Users - No Warm Up Time

Active Users - No Warm Up

Active Users - Warm Up Time

Active Users - Warm Up Time

For more information about User States see:

How does a WAIT statement affect the number of Active Virtual Users during a test.

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Top Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2013-02-15 19:08
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.