Why do I encounter the error "StInitSession(GUI-Level Testing Replay: 10 - Virtual user information, SilkTest Connection timeout reached)"?

Why do I encounter the error "StInitSession(GUI-Level Testing Replay: 10 - Virtual user information, SilkTest Connection timeout reached)"?

The most common cause of this error is if you are trying to execute more than a 1 virtual user loadtest and if you have specified user credentials in either the SilkPerformer BDF function "StInitSession()" or via the Project Attributes which are not a member of the Administrators or the Remote Desktop Users Group.

For information on how to add a user account to the Administrators or the Remote Desktop Users Group please view the following resolution:

What configuration changes do I need to make to the Windows Server in order to enable GUI-Level testing support for SilkPerformer?

However the error message has also been known to occur if you are trying to execute a loadtest and Terminal Server Licensing has either not been activated or connected. You can activate or connect the licensing server by going to:

START | SETTINGS | CONTROL PANEL | ADMINSTRATIVE TOOLS | TERMINAL SERVER LICENSING and selecting the Action Menu

If this does not resolve the issue then please see the following KB article:

Why do I encounter the error "StInitSession(GUI-Level Testing Replay: 10 - Virtual user information, SilkTest Connection timeout reached)" during a loadtest?

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Top Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2013-02-15 18:37
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.