Using Silk4Net scripts within Silk Performer
With the release of Silk Performer 15.0, Silk Performer now allows you to perform GUI-Level tests with SilkTest Silk4Net scripts developed within Visual Studio. The following video will demonstrate how to integrate the Silk4Net Script into Silk Performer in preparation for test execution.
- First develop your Silk4Net script within Visual Studio
- Proceed then to ensure that the Silk4Net script builds and runs successfully
- Right click on the script and select 'Run Tests'
- With the test run completing successfully, under the Solution Explorer, right click on the Project name and select 'Rebuild Solution'.
- Each time a rebuild solution is selected, a .dll file is generated within the Visual Studio Project folder
- Next step is to create a Silk4Net Project within Silk Performer
- From the Silk Performer workbench select File - New Project - Under GUI-Level Testing, select the Silk4Net project type and provide a Project name
- In the Model Script dialog, within File field, specify the .dll file which was generated when selecting the 'Rebuild Solution' within Visual Studio
- Select the class and Method
- Run a TryScript to ensure the script runs without any issues
- From this point, follow the guidelines on how to configure a server to run a GUI-Level Load test within Silk Performer