Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
Jatinchoudhary Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Avoiding multiple users sharing the session and cookies information in IE

Jump to solution

Hi All

I have recorded some scripts in ajax protocol in Sp 9.0. Each script is running fine when run from different agent but when they are being run in load test with say 5 Virtual users from one agent for different scripts they are sharing the cookie and session information so the session and the page selections done by last user are being reflected in all the users so except the last user all other users are failing.

How do i implement in SP 9.0 ajax that each Vuser opens a new session when launched rather than new tab or new window which shares one cookies and session handling information? If each user opens a new session it will have different session information for himself so won't disturb the other users sessions

Here is how the browser is being set in my scripts but browser modes are not working in this case as i tried.

MeasureStart("Launch-StressURL");

//BrowserStart(BROWSER_MODE_DEFAULT, 1122, 440);

BrowserStart(BROWSER_MODE_USERBEHAVIOR_FIRST_TIME, 1122, 440);

BrowserNavigate(sURL, "Navigate_"+sURL+" (#1)");

wnd1 := BrowserGetActiveWindow("wnd1");

MeasureStop("Launch-StressURL");

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Avoiding multiple users sharing the session and cookies information in IE

Jump to solution

Hi Jatinch,

IP spoofing is not available for Browser Driven testing.

I understand that you are now testing at the protocol level to take advantage of IP spoofing.

Best Regards,

Neil

0 Likes
10 Replies
PhilipL Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Separation of the users cookie and session information is quite a basic feature of Silk Performer "Browser Driven Load Testing" which usually works without problems.

Cookie information is separated per virtual user so if one virtual user opens multiple windows these windows share one session.

It would be helpful to get more information about your web application.

Philip

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Philip

Actually, when i try to open tow different users from a browser in two tabs or two separate windows, i see only i JsessionID being crreated for both the users and windows and thus the same session information is being used by all users on an agent.

Can we manage to have more than one sessionId created for multiple users or a single agent?

0 Likes
PhilipL Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Jatinch,

Sorry for the late response. Overlooked that you have already written an answer to my question ...

Just to clarify things - I am correct if I say that you are running just 1 virtual (Silk Performer) user and this virtual user logs in as 2 different users in your web application?

The cookies and session information of 1 virtual user in Silk Performer is separated from other virtual users. If you use 1 virtual user to login as multiple users at your web application, the session information is shared. So this only works if you logout the first user and then login the next one - you have to keep the actions of the 2 accounts in serial.

So I would recommend to use 1 virtual user for each user account of your web application or strictly serialize things.

Hope I could help you.

Regards,

Philip

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Philip

Thanks for the reply, we are still having this issue. We upgraded to 9.5 HF2 also, but same issue is persistent.

We have some 20 functional flows to be simulated, so we have 20 different users;one for each flow. So we are not using more than one unique user for multiple logins into the application.

Here is my latest reply, on the support incident

We installed Silkperformer 9.5 HF2 and recorded 5-6 new simple search scripts for Tibco CIM application.

We ran the test with single user per script and used localhost as load agent to generate 5 user load.

Expectation from the test was: that each user should have separate session information for the simulation time. All users should be able to run without the session merge happening.

Result was: All users were sharing same session information so for a different selected repository, different search fields were available in true log error snapshot.

Manually reproducible:

We are able to reproduce the issue with using IE new window or new tab option with SessionMerging and FrameMerging registry entries being enabled with hex value 1(which is 1 by default to enable session merge).

Manual issue fix:

1. Open five different browsers each with selecting as a new session. Login with different users and browse the functionality

2. Enter two registry keys in registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE or HKEY_CURRENT_USER->Software->Microsoft->Main namely FrameMerging and SessionMerging with value selected as Zero.

Restart the browser and open multiple windows and login with different users and browse the functionality.

Expected remedy for the issue:

Some profile or sp settings, or fixes, or registry changes that should force all the Virtual users creating virtual sessions from a single load agent to use separate sessions for browsing the application rather than opening as windows or tabs and sharing session information.

Regards

Jatinch

0 Likes
PhilipL Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thanks Jatinch for the information.

I think we should add this to the product documentation or create a knowledgebase entry.

In future versions we may "virtualize" these settings in the Silk Performer agent.

Regards,

Philip

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Philip

We know the solution of the issue to do it manually,  but for some reason, Silk Performer is not recognizing the changes done in the Registry and is failing because of sessionmerge and framemerge.

I am trying to see, if we simulate it using IE7 setting, do we get the same issue. will let you know.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

This issue is being investigated via a support incident.

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi All

We asked help from Tibco Developers and as per them the " it will not work as the session is sticky across browsers from the same IP". So Either IP spoofing is required to be done or multiple machines to be used.

I used the system configuration manager to add some 20 addressed to the LAN adapter. The observation was all the users are taking the first virtual address from the 20 Ip addresses added by me.

So, My understanding is that IP spoofing is not available for Browser Driven testing in SP 9.5. Is it correct?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Jatinch,

IP spoofing is not available for Browser Driven testing.

I understand that you are now testing at the protocol level to take advantage of IP spoofing.

Best Regards,

Neil

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Neil

My understanding is the issue is with application cache and a similar known bug has been fixed in earlier release also. We are following up with Developers and meanwhile I am also working on protocol level scripts.

Will keep you all posted.

Regards

Jatinch

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.