Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Best OS for Silk Performer agent

I'm building a new agent that will run on a fiber optic 1-GIG per/second network. I've installed 32 GIG RAM on a new system that all I need is the OS. I was thinking installing Windows 2008 R2 but is there a preferred OS for the agent? I don't want to spend more than necessary but I'd like to best utilize the system. 

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

RE: Best OS for Silk Performer agent

Hi Michael,

As per the support case which you have opened, the following information details the agent machine specifics for running a large load test within Silk Performer:

Machine Spec:

•         Core i7 Haswell CPU (4 Cores, hyperthreaded)

•         16GB Ram

•         256 GB SSD

•         OS Win2008R2 or Win2012R2

•         ~2500 VUs (conservative estimation)

34000 VUser -> 13-15 agents to be on the save side

Regarding NICs: this very much depends on the transactions. Therefore run a baseline test including realistic thinktimes and use the received bytes per second value from the baseline report. Multiply by the number of users per agent (2500) and you know what kind of network throughput you need per agent.  

Paul

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.