arkaonline
New Member.

Browser Driven Testing in SP 15.5

Hi,

I running a Ajax script for 1000 users split across 35 agents in SP 15.5. However i am getting a few errors/warning which I had not seen in version 9.5 ( my company recently switched to 15.5 from 9.5)...

is there a document i may refer to for the new changes in browser driven testing. I tried the help file but landed with nothing.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

RE: Browser Driven Testing in SP 15.5

Hi Arkaonline,

There have been a number of changes in the browser driven testing approach in Silk Performer from 9.5 through to 15.5. To get a general idea of these changes you can refer to the What's New section of the release notes for Silk Performer 10.0 and Silk Performer 15.5. You can find the release notes either through your START | ALL PROGRAMS | SILK directory on your system or via the 'Product Documentation' link at the top right hand section of this page.

To focus solely on the errors - can you provide some detail on the exact errors you are seeing?

Are they confined to a specific script or agent machine?

Regards

Paul

0 Likes
arkaonline
New Member.

Hi Paul..

I am testing portal.office site.(MS's office 365). The general idea is to test the ADFS servers located on our side of the firewall. Once the credential with companydomain (for ex paul@newcompanytech.com) is entered the request is routed to the ADFS server located behind the firewall. It pops a box to enter credential again and on entering it connects to the user account..

However when i am trying to record this  , the credential popup never comes and the page goes "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage". Whatever options I tried i just couldnot record it in Web-HTTP protocol,

Hence I built the script in Ajax Protocol. For 1 - 10 users , with adequate thinktime it is running good but as soon as I increase the number of users , plethora  of errors starts coming in.

ex.

1.BrowserEngine: 52 - No valid low-level click position found. High-level fallback used

2.BrowserEngine: 29 - UI element not found (this is known error.Reason is probably because Page was not loaded properly)

3. BrowserEngine: 32 - Internet Explorer request failed,  INET_E_CONNECTION_TIMEOUT (0x800c000b).

4. BrowserEngine: 42 - Scrolling functionality failed ( there is no scroll in the recording)..

If a way can be found to record it in normal Web HTTP , I believe it should be best as the user load is 1000 ( i have 25 agents. 40 Ajax user per agent is quite high number)...

I am in a total fix.. Any insight on problem number 1 or 2 will be really helpful and greatly appreciated...

Thanks

Arka

0 Likes
PhilipL Absent Member.
Absent Member.

"No valid low-level click position found" means that the DOM element which is identified by the locator (parameter of BrowserClick()) is somehow not visible and therefore Silk Performer does not find a way to click on it.

Silk Performer tries sending a JavaScript event (as in previous versions of Silk Performer) as fallback (High-level fallback used) but it seems that it does not work.

You could give it a try and enable "Legacy Input Mode" in the Profile Settings dialog which restores the "old" JavaScript user input simulation (which is less exact but works better in some cases).

Background Info: In newer versions of Silk Performer native user input is simulated which is more exact and usually works better in most cases out of the box.

For example: In the past you had to replace BrowserSetText() by BrowserTypeKeys() to get a working script for some web applications. Now it does BrowserTypeKeys() under the hood automatically.

You can turn off this new kind of user input simulation as described above.

To "Scrolling functionality failed":

Before each script action in the browser Silk Performer scrolls to the specified DOM element so that it is visible in screenshots. I cannot say why this is failing in your case. Maybe you should try another locator. There exist some tricky DOM elements which are hard to scroll to automatically. Are you sure this DOM element is visible? Just check and use Locator Spy to find out more about the DOM in the problematic web page.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Hi,

Following on from Philips reply above, if assistance is required in relation to the problems you are currently having recording in Silk Performer at the "protocol level", please log a support incident and we can investigate in full.

Regards

paul

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.