Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Browser-driven Oracle Business Intelligence site

Jump to solution

Is it possible to record a browser-driven test of an Oracle Business Intelligence site with Silk Performer? The site does not support IE and in fact actively refuses to do anything if it is detected. The whole thing is JavaScript (AJAX) powered so it is difficult to ensure that I am correlating everything necessary.

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

If it doesn't work in IE then no it wont be possible.  IE is the only supported browser for browser driven.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Can you trick the BI site to believe it is a non-IE browser by spoofing the Browser Type using WebSetBrowser function?

documentation.microfocus.com/.../SILKPERF-FB5ADE6D-WEBSETBROWSERFUNCTION-REF.html

0 Likes
Highlighted

If it doesn't work in IE then no it wont be possible.  IE is the only supported browser for browser driven.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Does your answer, Jonny, imply support will continue for IE's replacement browser, SPARTAN?  What is the road map for browser support for BDLT in as much as you can share that information here?

0 Likes
Highlighted

I have no news on Spartan yet but once I do I will update this thread.  Support for other browsers for browser driven is already under consideration.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.