Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Cannot Replay Script for Oracle R12

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have created a project to record a very simple script for Oracle R12.1.3.  First of all, enter the URL of R12.1.3, enter the username/password to open the menu page, then click the logout button to exit the application.  All the steps are running in "Internet Explorer" and no form object included in this recording script.

I have tried these steps in 2 R12.1.3 instances.  One instance is the Oracle Vision Demo instance and the recorded script can be replay with Silk Performer. I can see the menu page in the playback history and it can be logout succssfully.

However, another recorded script created by an upgrade instance that was failed to replay.

For the failure result, I find there is an error of "You are trying to access a page that is no longer active." in the playback history.

May I know is there any other setting when I create a record script with the Oracle R12.1.3?  I am using Silk Performer 15.0.  Thank you for your help.

Best Regards.
Henry

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Cannot Replay Script for Oracle R12

Jump to solution

Hi Henry.

Provided, the application didnt change after you recorded the script, it sounds like there could be some session data hardcoded in the script, which the server no longer recognizes / accepts.

You could try using TrueLog Explores built-in 'Customize Session Handling Wizard' to see if it finds any differences. There's a video tutorial here - community.microfocus.com/.../610.using-the-customize-session-handling-wizard-in-truelog-explorer-video.aspx.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Ciaran.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Henry.

Provided, the application didnt change after you recorded the script, it sounds like there could be some session data hardcoded in the script, which the server no longer recognizes / accepts.

You could try using TrueLog Explores built-in 'Customize Session Handling Wizard' to see if it finds any differences. There's a video tutorial here - community.microfocus.com/.../610.using-the-customize-session-handling-wizard-in-truelog-explorer-video.aspx.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Ciaran.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Ciaran,  

Thank you for your information of session handling in SilkPerfomer.  I can see the Oracle EBS R12 menu page in the replay script.

I have another question about recording oracle form in EBS R12.  When I replay the script and I've got the error message "compile error SEM 12: variabe is no declared: gsICXTicket"

I have checked with online help and there's a tips and tricks on this variable (documentation.microfocus.com/.../index.jsp).  

In the online help, it said that the recorder generates code to automatically parse the value of icx_ticket as follow:

WebParseDataBoundEx(gsIcxTicket, STRING_COMPLETE, "icx_ticket='", 1, "'",

WEB_FLAG_IGNORE_WHITE_SPACE, 1);

WebPageParseUrl("IMG SRC", "IMG SRC=\"", "or", WEB_FLAG_IGNORE_WHITE_SPACE);

WebPageUrl("myserver.com/.../runforms.jsp", "Oracle Applications R12",

OA_HTML_RUNFORMS_JSP003);

However, I cannot find the above command lines in the recorded scripts.  

javascript:void(0);

Moreover, there is an pre-requisite for Recording:

"Important: Before recording Oracle Applications 12i you must disable ports 9000-9005."

I have no idea how to disable ports of 9000-9005.  Is it the ports control of the silk performer?

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Henry

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Henry.

We've seen this before with OraApps 11i.

It sounds like the value which should be getting stored in gsICXTicket is in the header of the server response rather than the body, so our recording rule has not found it correctly.

If thats the case, you'll need to manually parse the value with the WebParseDataBoundEx function, so that the variable gsICXTicket actually contains a value.

In terms of the ports question, you can supress the recording of those ports in Silk Performer itself. Please see the Oracle Forms tutorial (page 7) for more information. Its found in Start | All Programs | Silk | Silk Performer 15.0 | Documentation | Tutorials.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Ciaran.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Ciaran,

Thank you for your reply.

I have added the following lines after record the script of R12 form (together with 2 variables for the problem of R12 session handling) :

var

gsSSessionID : string;

gsIcxTicket  : string;

WebParseDataBoundEx(gsIcxTicket, STRING_COMPLETE, "icx_ticket='", 1, "'", WEB_FLAG_IGNORE_WHITE_SPACE, 1);

WebPageUrl("r12dg.madoka.com/.../runforms.jsp", "Oracle Applications R12", OA_HTML_RUNFORMS_JSP005);  

And the script can be started when I click "Try Script" button.  However, the script is still failed to run in the silkperformer with the following error message:

OraFormsSetWindow(OraForms: 5 - Handler not found, Note)

I have used "Analyze Test" again to check the TrueLog but there is no further information that related to my problem.  

Is there any other way to look into this issue.

Thank you for your help again.

Best Regards,

Henry

Best Regards,

Henry

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

I'd recommend using a print statement to make sure the gsIcxTicket variable contains the correct value. You might also need to use the WEB_FLAG_INCLUDE_HEADER option of WebParseDataBoundEx if the value is in the header. You should be able if its returned in the header from your recorded TrueLog.

In terms of the Handler not found error, this is quite common and is addressed in this article:

community.microfocus.com/.../9038.why-might-i-see-the-error-oraforms-5-handler-not-found-and-how-can-i-troubleshoot-this.aspx

Please note, I cannot tell if that error is directly related to the required parsing of the icx ticket or some other issue.

If you need a more detailed analysis of your project, I'd recommend logging a support incident so we can take a look.

Best regards,

Ciaran.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Ciaran,

I guess icx_ticket is the reason of failure in my case.  

I've followed with your suggestion to add WEB_FLAG_INCLUDE_HEADER option of WebParseDataBoundEx as follow:

(1) Declare a variable gsIcxTicket  

dclparam

gsIcxTicket  : string;

(2) Add 2 command line to call WebParseDataBoundEx and WebPageParseUrl (according to online help):

WebParseDataBoundEx(gsIcxTicket, STRING_COMPLETE, "icx_ticket='", 1, "'", WEB_FLAG_IGNORE_WHITE_SPACE | WEB_FLAG_INCLUDE_HEADER, 1);

WebPageUrl("r12dg.madoka.com/.../runforms.jsp", "Oracle Applications R12", OA_HTML_RUNFORMS_JSP005);  

(3) Add print command to check gsIcxTicket:

Print("xxxgsIcxTicket: " + gsIcxTicket);

However, I cannot see any value assigned to gsIcxTicket and the script fail to replay in Silk.  Is there any missing command when I get the gsIcxTicket string in the script?  Thank you your help again.

Best Regards,

Henry

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Ciaran,

Finally, I can get the value of icx_ticket from the funciton of "WebParseDataBoundEx" with the following line:

WebParseDataBoundEx(gsIcxTicket, STRING_COMPLETE, "icx_ticket='.", 1, "'", WEB_FLAG_IGNORE_WHITE_SPACE  | WEB_FLAG_INCLUDE_HEADER , 1);

There is slight different from the syntax of the online manual because "&#39 is appended in the variable name in the Url call.

However, I have another issue of passing the icx_ticket into the record script.  I found there are several lines that are required to use this variable:

(1) OraFormsConnect( "sever module=..."

(2) The variable of "icx_ticket" under dclform

For (1), I found the string can be replaced when the OraFormsConnect is called in the script.

However, I found this value cannot pass into (2), and I get following result in the "Compare your test" function:

OA_HTML_RUNFORMS_JSP005

icx_ticket          gsICXTicket

resp_app         SYSADMIN

The Variable cannot be replaced but it shows the variable name in the TrueLog.

When I follow the online help to put an empty string "" in icx_ticket, the value is empty in TrueLog and the form cannot load in replay as well.

Do you have any idea how to pass the string into the above function?   Thank you your help.

Best Regards,

Henry

BTW, I am using the trial version to evaluate this tool for our project so I cannot create a ticket in the supporting service.  Therefore I have asked many technical issue of silkperformer here.  And your replies are very useful for me to look into the reason of failure.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Henry.

You are right. Quite often there'll be 2 or 3 places in the OraFormsConnect function where the value is hard coded and needs to be replaced with the variable.

Just for reference, you concatenate in Silk Performer bdl with the + operator, so for example:

"icx_ticket='" + gsICXTicket + "' resp"

In terms of the form field, I'm not sure why using "" would not work.

Were there any other changes to the script besides parsing out the icx_ticket values?

Are there any hard coded cookies or other session IDs that might have expired?

Did you clear cache and cookies before recording?

Are you using Silk Performer 15.0?

In terms of support, did you download the trial from our own site?

Best regards,

Ciaran.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Ciaran,

Mainly I have changes 2 parts of the record script, which mentioned in my last update.  And I think the session ID is valid when I replay the script because the menu page can be loaded successfully.

Before I record the script from silk performer, I have clear the cache/cookie in the browser (IE).

Yes, I am using Silk Performer 15.0 which is a trial version from your website.  

Thank you,

Henry  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Henry.

Just to confirm to the community, this issue is now being handled via a support incident.

Best regards,

Ciaran.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.