Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
HimanshuD1984 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Capture Status Bar message during Oracle form script replay

Jump to solution

Hi,

I need to capture Status bar message during Oracle form script replay. I need to run the script for about 100K data and success of the script depends on whether the action performed is saved properly. On saving, the confirmation appears on the status bar which i need to verify by capturing the message that appears.

I could see the message in the info tab and the in-data tab of the replay truelog but i could find any function to help me capture the message.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Capture Status Bar message during Oracle form script replay

Jump to solution

If you can attach an exported SilkPerformer project showing the status bar I will take a look and check if there is another way to do this.

Otherwise you can request new functionality here:

borland.uservoice.com/.../163511-silk-performer-feature-requests

Best Regards,

Neil

0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi,

There are a large number of OraFormsVerify* functions available; please see Help for details.

You should be able to use the appropriate function to perform verification on the message response.

Best Regards,

Neil

0 Likes
Highlighted
HimanshuD1984 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

i did not get any OraFormsVerify* function to help me in this case. Or at least i could not find one. "FRM-40400 <Message>"  in the status bar update is what i intend to capture/Validate.

Temporarily, i have set up an event hadler under dclevent to read the last error: OraForm Error Code 20 (Severity_Informational). This serves my purpose for now. It would be helpful if i can get a function to perform the task.

Thanks

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

If you can attach an exported SilkPerformer project showing the status bar I will take a look and check if there is another way to do this.

Otherwise you can request new functionality here:

borland.uservoice.com/.../163511-silk-performer-feature-requests

Best Regards,

Neil

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.