Sebastian_C_ Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Citrix Verify Text disabled in TrueLog

Jump to solution

Hello,

when executed a Citrix script and open TrueLog Explorer the option "verify text" (in right mouse click context menu) is grey and disabled. Same for the "Add Verifications" Button. I can click the button, but in the menu the "verify text" option is disabled.

TrueLog ist finished of course. Same behaviour when the TrueLog runs successful. Same behaviour when I mark a rectangle around text in the TrueLog.

Any Idea? As I read in the tutorials, on this way I should be able to add text verifications in with TrueLog in my script.

Thanks a lot

Sebastian

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

RE: Citrix Verify Text disabled in TrueLog

Jump to solution

another thing that came into my mind: is your bdl code located in a bdf or a bdh file? truelog explorer does not support customization of bdh files... maybe thats the reason.

0 Likes
9 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Jump to solution

hi sebastian,

text verification/parsing functionality for citrix truelogs is based on ocr operations. you need to select a screen area for that ocr operation before selecting the verification/parsing function in truelog explorer.

this is done by defining a rectangle with your mouse (left mouse button down,move mouse, left mouse button up) on the replay screenshot shown in truelog explorer.

hope that helps,

udo

uuups... sorry, did not read your post carefully enough, missed your rectangle statement. sorry for that!

- is the "Create New Parameter" item (in "Script" menu) enabled?

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thanks for your answer, but it doesn't help. I wrote already:

"Same behaviour when I mark a rectangle around text in the TrueLog."

I tried it very often now, marking different parts, making different rectangles. And also by right-clicking in different parts of the screen. I Am sure it is also not correct that when pressing "Add Verifications" Button, then the option "verify text" is also grey and disabled.

Any further ideas?

- Silk Performer 15.5

Edit: You wrote "- is the "Create New Parameter" item (in "Script" menu) enabled?"

I will check this

0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Jump to solution

uuups... sorry, did not read your post carefully enough, missed your rectangle statement. sorry for that!

- is the "Create New Parameter" item (in "Script" menu) enabled?

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

In Script Menu in TrueLog everything is grey, and disabled except "Do a Try Script run". Also Create new parameter is grey and disabled.

I checked again status in Monitor, there is written try script run is finished and final try script dialog appears also, and without error message. But still all options in "script menu" are disabled.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Jump to solution

hmmm... "create new parameter" should be enabled after a try run, it is not related to any selection in the truelog tree or screen.

does truelog explorer show the bdl script in its "bdl" tab? if so, could you check the modification dates of your script and your truelog. locate both of them in file explorer, right click, propierties,  modified... the modification date of the bdl script must be "older" than the modification date of the truelog.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Jump to solution

another thing that came into my mind: is your bdl code located in a bdf or a bdh file? truelog explorer does not support customization of bdh files... maybe thats the reason.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi. Please try to add your verification on a CitrixSynchronization function, or one of the underlying actions, such as CitrixWaitForText.

It is not possible to verify actions on CitrixUserInput or CitrixMouseClick for instance.

If that is not the problem, please open a Support case and we'll look into it further.

Best regards,

Ciaran.

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

"truelog explorer does not support customization of bdh files... maybe thats the reason."

Thank you!

0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Jump to solution

bitte sehr 🙂

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.