ashu_s Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Creating dynamic forms in Silk Performer

Hi,

I am testing a web application that is having dynamic forms with text fields - that is, first form can have 2 text fields, second  6,  third 6 and so on. (Always in even count, pair)

i have to to supply a value in the first field only but the recorded script will have different count for text fields and when replayed, the count of text boxes will change. Is there a way to count the text boxes on response (form) beforehand and respond with the correct form? Alternatively if I record script for minimum text boxes (2), is it possible to create the response form dynamically to add more text fields with same HTML value? In both of the options, I need to know the count of text boxes on form. Is there any other approach?

my script works fine for the same count of text boxes and as soon as the count of text boxes change, it fails with error as it is not able to find that form.

Thanks,

Ashu

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
RodL Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: Creating dynamic forms in Silk Performer

Check help for WebForm* functions  e.g. WebFormValuePairInsert Function

SilkPerformer has good parsing functionality, however it may be time consuming to recreate App logic to dynamically build a form.

May be worth trying an AJAX project type which drives the browser.

Good luck!

Rod

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.