Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Dashboard creation

Jump to solution

Hello.

Is there some quick way to create active dashboards (say, Flash-based) from the Performer's collected data? Maybe some new capability in 16.5?

Getting the captured files over to Excel or Tableau is too time consuming. 

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

RE: Dashboard creation

Jump to solution

Any charts or reports can be exported from Performance Explorer as html or the new Word template for use by people who don't have the Perfexp installed; but this is static data, they cannot add and remove metrics from these templates once they are exported.  

To be able to change the charts or reports the person would need both Performance Explorer and a copy of the load test data.

Regarding naming charts, right click on the chart (outside the axis) and choose properties and you can add a title and description.  You can then add this custom chart to your overview report and export it to the Word template to pass it around your colleagues.  Here is mine:

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi

All Silk Performer measures collected during a load test can be graphed after the fact in Performance Explorer.  

However you can also monitor server side data during the test and graph this in realtime.  You can also tick the real time client side measures option before starting your test to make client side result data available immediately in Performance Explorer too.

7. Executing a Test and Monitoring Real-Time Test Measurements (video)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thank you Jonny but I don't mean that.

I've seen the charts of the Performance Explorer and they are great.

But what if I want to export these charts in some form where somebody, without Silk Performer, can look at them and enable/disable different counters?

That's why I mentioned the use of Flash or something similar.

I've done it in Excel a long time ago but it takes too long. Similarly with Tableau.

It would be nice if this facility was built into SP.

On a somewhat related question, is there a way to include some text (say a label) inside a SP chart?

I like to save images of the charts but would rather describe what the chart shows, in the image itself.

Thank you again.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Any charts or reports can be exported from Performance Explorer as html or the new Word template for use by people who don't have the Perfexp installed; but this is static data, they cannot add and remove metrics from these templates once they are exported.  

To be able to change the charts or reports the person would need both Performance Explorer and a copy of the load test data.

Regarding naming charts, right click on the chart (outside the axis) and choose properties and you can add a title and description.  You can then add this custom chart to your overview report and export it to the Word template to pass it around your colleagues.  Here is mine:

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thanks again.

I can do it like you described but this is for the overview report and doesn't give me an image (e.g. jpg) that includes the report label.

If the text "this is jonny's custom chart" could be moved inside the graphic, say, near the top, I could export the chart as a jpg and copy it into something like a Word document.

I'm being picky about it but I guess it can't be done, so be it. I could always stamp some text on the graphic.

Much appreciated for your time.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.