Highlighted
agbykov Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Failed to create TCP/IP recording

When I tried to create a script for TCP/IP I have got no recording, no communications data in the capture file.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Failed to create TCP/IP recording

Which project type are you using and what application are you trying to record?
0 Likes
agbykov Absent Member.
Absent Member.

For Skype for Business project type was Internet -> TCP/IP based application
For Outlook 2016 - Internet-> Email(SMTP/POP)
0 Likes
agbykov Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sorry, when tried to record Outlook 2016 it captured data but then all test failed with No Authorization errors
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi there. It's not feaible to try recording either of those applications at the TCPIP level. Even if you get a script recorded, its going to be virtually impossible to customize.

You can test Outlook in a few ways, eg with MAPI. We also include POP and SMTP functions for testing clients which support those protocols. Have a look at the various help sections of Performer for more details and examples.

As for Skype for Business, it uses a proprietary protocol (http://tinyurl.com/nxtbnhy) so recording the network traffic is not possible. You could consider using Silk Test to test it. I believe there's support for Skype both with desktop and mobile clients. If you'd like more details or confirmation, just log a support incident for Silk Test or post the question to the ST forum.

Best regards,
Ciaran.
0 Likes
agbykov Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Capturing of data for Outlook 2016 is successful, but playback not.
Using SilkTest I cannot playbak recorded scenario because SfB created new window for IM and SilkTest cannot switch to new window.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Please log a support incident.
0 Likes
agbykov Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Outlook script works as expected. Previously it failed because I had wrong security settings in the Profile.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.