Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
hienhoang Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How could I retrieve name of the window while knowing its ID

Hello guys,

Could anyone tell me how could we retrieve the name of the window while knowing its ID?

My problem is specified as followed : I have the window name which is dynamically generated based on the system date, the ID of the feature in question, the version and some others elements, and between each term, there are a lot of blank space. If I tried to copy all the name of the window in question and pasted it as parameter in function OraFormsCloseWindow, it will reject a error message with typee RT: 9 - The measure point is too long.

To resolve this, according to this post : http://community.microfocus.com/borland/test/silk_performer_-_application_performance_testing/w/knowledge_base/8593.how-can-i-handle-dynamic-window-names-for-example-containing-a-timestamp-in-my-oracle-forms-script.aspx , I have:

nWindow := OraFormsFindAndSetWindow("nom de la fenetre");

OraFormsSetWindow(string(nWindow));

OraFormsCloseWindow(string(nWindow));

It works very well. But the problem is, now I have a function called OraFormsMenuItem which take only the name of the window as input.

What I had is only the ID of this window. How could I get the window name from this information?

Many thanks.

Hien HOANG.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.