Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Samar1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to exclude failed transaction time from Results

Hi I am using Browser Driven Load Test using silk performer 15 and noticed that silk performer is reporting timings of failed transactions also as part of final result summary.

Please let me know the settings in Silk Performer to report timings of only successfully transactions

0 Likes
4 Replies
Samar1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: How to exclude failed transaction time from Results

Any Answers please ??

0 Likes
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Hi Samar,

Check out the values for "Trans. ok" in your results.

This is defined as:

"The response time for successful transactions, in seconds. A transaction time is reported in this measure type if no API function call performed within the transaction returns an error message."

More on "Transaction Measurements" here:

documentation.microfocus.com/.../index.jsp

Best Regards,

Neil

0 Likes
Samar1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for your answer, Actually I am using custom timers (Example is given below). So even if the step 1 failed, Silk performer is giving me timings of next step as well which is very less and making all results to go bad.  If my test fails at particular step, I am seeing that transaction is getting failed but still time is not  getting excluded for respective custom timers.

ThinkTime(3.5);

MeasureStart("Billing Info");

BrowserClick("//IMG[@onmouseover='function onmouseover*']", BUTTON_Left, "Click, HTML (#4)");

MeasureStop("Billing Info")

MeasureStart("Interruptice CrossSell");

BrowserClick("//BUTTON[@id='btnCheckout']", BUTTON_Left, "Click, BUTTON, textContents=Checkout (#1)");

MeasureStop("Interruptice CrossSell");

0 Likes

Hi Samar,

The function MeasureStop has an optional parameter, "bIgnoreOnError" which if set to "True" will ignore the timer calculations if an error has occurred since the timer was first started.

There is an example provided in our knowledge base:

community.microfocus.com/.../10102.how-can-i-prevent-a-custom-timer-measure-from-being-included-if-an-application-error-occurs-within-the-timer-during-a-load-test.aspx

Documentation of the MeasureStop function:

documentation.microfocus.com/.../SILKPERF-7EB9DB20-MEASURESTOPFUNCTION-REF.html

Best Regards,

Neil

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.