Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to over come this error INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND (0x800c0005).

Jump to solution

I have recorded a simple login logout script 

and when i do a try script for it on the login button i get below error. however silkperformer is able to login but give out this error

VUser-Profile1_1 localhost 51 00:00:05 Function BrowserClick "//INPUT[@id='lgnBase_LoginButton']",BUTTON_Left,"Click, INPUT, name=lgnBase$LoginButton (#1)"
VUser-Profile1_1 localhost 51 00:00:21 Timer 15.92 Page and Action Timer/Click, INPUT, name=lgnBase$LoginButton (#1)/Action time
VUser-Profile1_1 localhost 51 00:00:21 Error BrowserClick BrowserEngine: 32 - Internet Explorer request failed, INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND (0x800c0005).

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

hi,
once i had an issue with a page loading without problems, but an iframe on that page requested a invalid resource - for instance when testing an internal page, implementing some functionality on an iframe that uses external resources and those resources are blocked by firewall (eg facebook or so).

when BDLT recording that internal site you wont get any errors, in the best case you'll just get some red 'x' on an image resource.
with internet explorer you'll experience the same behavior, without the f12 tools console you'll just see the red 'x's.

when doing a protocol recording of the internal site, you are able to see the requests that are causing the "red 'x'" in the truelog. you'll see the domain for the requests there, too. in the above example you'd see that all requests to facebook.com are failing. you don't need to use the record truelog approach, using a network monitoring tool is also fine.

so you could add a BrowserSetDomainSuppress("facebook.com") to your script right after BrowserStart and the request of the iframe to facebook.com will be suppressed and you won't get any errors for that.

setting error 32 of the Browser facility to info works fine, but is some kind of sledgehammer approach. all navigation errors will be suppressed, even those that are caused by simple typos - eg BrowserNavigate("http://www.mikrofokus.com") will succeed despite invalid url.

presuming that the failing requests are caused by an invalid/inaccessible resoure using BrowserSetDomainSuppress is a little bit more graceful. if they are caused by an invalid/inaccessible resource within the testsystems domain you'll have to use the sledgehammer.

hope, i could clarify soem things, if you have any more questions... 🙂

udo

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class
hi,
is there more information in the truelog, info tab of the erroneous node?
br, udo
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Script file: C:\Users\aditya.naik\Documents\Silk Performer 16.5\Projects\SMART\test.bdf (Change)
Function: BrowserClick
Line number: 51
Time: Friday, February 3, 2017 5:37:10 PM
Duration: 0.00 sec
Locator: //INPUT[@id='lgnBase_LoginButton']
Completion status: Error
Info: Severity Time Description
Error 2017-02-03; 17:37:26 BrowserClick(BrowserEngine: 32 - Internet Explorer request failed, INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND (0x800c0005).)

This is all i have in the true log not much of help i believe
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
I tried this but it didnt really help. So thought there would be other way out. And i m doing a try script so agent doesnt come into play
0 Likes
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

hi,

when i get you right, replay succeeds, the click works. the page after the click is shown...
the error message might be caused by a layer (DIV, iframe) trying to navigate to some not existing/reachable page/resource. most probably you won't realize that during record or with IE as it does not affect your workflow.

i'd suggest to do a protocol recording of your page and check the record truelog for errors of that kind. if my suspicion is right you can add a BrowserSetDomainSuppress to your script or use the profile settings to set the severity of that error to warning/info/success.

of course, just in case i got you right and replay does just returns that error but the replay succeeds ("silkperformer is able to login but give out this error").

regards,
udo

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi Udo

Thanks for your help. you got me right. Replay just returns the error but replay succeeds. I added this error as info and it worked.

However i didnt get your first suggestion "i'd suggest to do a protocol recording of your page and check the record truelog for errors of that kind. if my suspicion is right you can add a BrowserSetDomainSuppress to your script"

Can you please elaborate on this please?
0 Likes
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

hi,
once i had an issue with a page loading without problems, but an iframe on that page requested a invalid resource - for instance when testing an internal page, implementing some functionality on an iframe that uses external resources and those resources are blocked by firewall (eg facebook or so).

when BDLT recording that internal site you wont get any errors, in the best case you'll just get some red 'x' on an image resource.
with internet explorer you'll experience the same behavior, without the f12 tools console you'll just see the red 'x's.

when doing a protocol recording of the internal site, you are able to see the requests that are causing the "red 'x'" in the truelog. you'll see the domain for the requests there, too. in the above example you'd see that all requests to facebook.com are failing. you don't need to use the record truelog approach, using a network monitoring tool is also fine.

so you could add a BrowserSetDomainSuppress("facebook.com") to your script right after BrowserStart and the request of the iframe to facebook.com will be suppressed and you won't get any errors for that.

setting error 32 of the Browser facility to info works fine, but is some kind of sledgehammer approach. all navigation errors will be suppressed, even those that are caused by simple typos - eg BrowserNavigate("http://www.mikrofokus.com") will succeed despite invalid url.

presuming that the failing requests are caused by an invalid/inaccessible resoure using BrowserSetDomainSuppress is a little bit more graceful. if they are caused by an invalid/inaccessible resource within the testsystems domain you'll have to use the sledgehammer.

hope, i could clarify soem things, if you have any more questions... 🙂

udo

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Thanks for you detailed explanation Udo i really appreciate it.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.