archa_bhandare Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to record and play a workflow

Hi,

I am new to Silk Performer. I am using the Silk Performer trial version for now. I was trying to record a workload, in which I try to open my website and login.

For this I created a new 'Web business transaction (HTML/HTTP)' project. In the 'Workflow - Model Script', selected 'Internet Explorer' and entered my website in the URL option. Then clicked on 'Record using browser'. I was successfully able to record the whole workflow.

After the whole recording was complete, in the 'Project->Captured Files', I can see a captured workflow. But the options available are to "remove", "rename" or "open log file". Also in the 'Project->Workloads', only one Workload is available, but the "Edit Workload" option is disabled for this.

Basically I want to see the recording and play it.

How do I do it?

Also can i start simultaneous treads of the play? If so, how?

Regards,

Archa

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: How to record and play a workflow

Hi Archa,
The workflow bar (horizontally across the top of the Workbench UI) guides you sequentially through the steps involved in creating a typical load test.

You can find more details on each of the workflow buttons here along with a general tour of the UI:
documentation.microfocus.com/.../index.jsp

Here is a link to documentation that provides detailed guidance on each of the workflow buttons:
documentation.microfocus.com/.../index.jsp

There are also some general workflow videos which should help you get started:
In-depth Workflow Overview (multiple videos):
community.microfocus.com/.../in-depth-workflow-overview-multiple-videos

There is also a Web Load Testing Tutorial that ships with Silk Performer which can be accessed via the Start menu.

Best Regards,
Neil
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.