Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Is it possible to loadtest applets which are embeded in a web page?

Jump to solution

Hi,

We have an applet  panel which will be loaded from the application server by clicking a link in a web application.

I was trying to record  applets , but it is not recording .

Can someone please help me how to record the applets which are embeded in a web page?

Thanks..

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

RE: Is it possible to loadtest applets which are embeded in a web page?

Jump to solution

Hi

The screenshot shows jp2launcher is the exe but you have hooked java.  Try adding a profile for jp2launcher and ensure it is not running before loading the recorder.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
13 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi,

It’s likely that the process responsible for the traffic has not been hooked.  Please see the response by PhilipL on this previous post which explains how to hook this traffic:

community.microfocus.com/.../8616.aspx

Best Regards

Leeanne

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi,

I tried the decribed way which was provided in above link(community.microfocus.com/.../8616.aspx)

still it did not record the applets events and I did not see any script which was generated while recording the applets.

I followed the follwing way for recrding the applets

1) new project

2) Java Over HTTP (Project type)

3) set the profile to use the java process as descibed above link

other than these I did not change any other setting in Silkperformer

and try to recorded the applets

Can someone please help me what else did I miss other than the above mentioned

Or where can I find the proper document to record the applets

I did not find any document which was provided by silkperformer to record applets

Please suggest me what is the best way to record the applets which are embeded in a web page

Please help . Thanks..

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi,

Did you check that the java.exe was definitely the correct process for your application?  It’s possible that your application uses a different process.

The following article will help you to identify the correct process for your application:

community.microfocus.com/.../7894.how-can-i-identify-which-exes-or-dlls-are-used-when-an-application-is-launched.aspx

If that doesn’t help, please see the options that were discussed previously in the following forum:

community.microfocus.com/.../477.aspx

SilkPerformer offers several ways of recording scripts:

(1) Browser driven (AJAX) - This relies on the DOM tree of the browser and won't work for JAVA applets.

(2) Protocol Level (TcpIp, JAVA RMI, ...) - This will intercept the traffic between your applet and the server; if the protocol your application is using does not need too much customization, this might be a good option.

(3) Testing on the GUI Level by reusing SilkTest. You can reuse your UI test script created with SilkTest within SilkPerformer. Please see "GUI-Level Testing Support" in SilkPerformer Help for details.

(4) Hooking of custom JAVA interfaces. You can extend SilkPerformer's JAVA hooking mechanism with custom recording rules specific to your application. Takes quite some time to get familiar with the recording rules code, but then it is the most powerful option.

(5) The most elegant way is reusing any existing JUnit or JAVA test scripts that test the communication of the applet with the server. There are powerful wizards that help you import your JUnit or JAVA test scripts into SilkPerformer workbench.

So in summary, using SilkPerformer to drive the UI of an JAVA applet is only possible via the SilkTest route (GUI-Level Testing). But there are plenty of alternatives on protocol, interface and scripting level.

Best Regards

Leeanne

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi LeeanneQ,

Thanks for the reply.

We tried with JUnit test cases as well . We have written the test cases using  jwebunit frame work.

It was successfully executed in eclipse but when i was trying it in silkperformer it was failed.

I have searched for the best framework to write junit test cases for applets  I did not find any best examples.

Please suggest me the suitable Junit framework for Applets.

Thank you,

Simhadri Raju

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi,

Silk Performer has support for Junit and NUnit tests – you can directly import unit test scripts for testing server-side Java and .NET components into Silk Performer.  When creating a new project see the Project Types available under ‘Unit Testing’ to create the required project type for your test.

If you’re not getting any traffic from your applet it may be possible that your applet is not actually generating any traffic.

If you’re still having issues I would recommend logging a support incident and we can help you find suitable options for this application.

Best Regards

Leeanne

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thanks LeeanneQ,

I have tried with the JWEBUNIT framework. I can able to run unit test case from Eclipse Successfully but when I tried from Silk performer I got a Null Pointer Exception.

And I tried as suggested by changing the java.exe process in Recorder Profile Setting

I have attached the screen shots for  Process Log And Recorder Profile Settings:

It seems still it is launching the Applet Panel as a child process. This might be the reason it is not recording

Could you please have a look once and suggest me did I follow the proper way or not?

Thanks for your help.

Thanks,

Simhadri Raju

0 Likes
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi

The screenshot shows jp2launcher is the exe but you have hooked java.  Try adding a profile for jp2launcher and ensure it is not running before loading the recorder.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thanks Jonny,

Now it is recording the applets events and some thing I can see in recorded script as below

WebPageSubmitBin("loginForm",

"\hACED000573720044636F6D2E696E7472" // ¬í••sr•Dcom.intr 00000000  

"\h61646F2E6D6572696469616E2E63656C" // ado.test.cel 00000010  

"\h6C677269642E636C69656E742E636F6D" // lgrid.client.com 00000020  

"\h6D616E642E4765745265666572656E63" // mand.GetReferenc 00000030  

"\h6544617461436F6D6D616E64DB857316" // eDataCommandÛ•s• 00000040  

"\h04646174617400124C6A6176612F6C61" // •datat••Ljava/la 000000A0  

"\h00007400095245464552454E4345",    // ••t••REFERENCE   00000160  

STRING_COMPLETE, "application/x-www-form-urlencoded", "celldata (#9)");

Is this the actual traffic of applets recorded by Silk Performer?

Please confirm me?

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Simhadri Raju

0 Likes
Highlighted

Jump to solution

The traffic is recorded in binary because there is no supported protocol in use, or because the correct protocol selection is not made in the application profile/active profile settings.

What network protocol does your applet use to communicate with the server?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Jonny,

We are using HTTP Protocol.

Can you suggest me more appropriate profile settings

Thanks,

Simhadri Raju

0 Likes
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I would suggest you log a support incident so we can take a closer look at this application.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.