mgevers Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Looking for a SilkPerformer BDLT function equivalent for WebSetDomainSuppress

Jump to solution

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 15 November 2011]

Hello,

Our application is based on AJAX, and we decided to use the new feature BDLT to create our performance test. The application contains requests towards twitter, google maps, facebook, ... as you can see, a lot of social media links.

In vain we searched for a function or way to block those outgoing social media requests.

As we were not able to use the WebSetDomainSuppress function, we installed a firewall and configured in that way that it only allows letting through the traffic going to our own website.
This works, but it creates faulty results because the response times are enormous comparing to the test we have run being connected to the internet directly.
It seems that this is due to waiting times (ergo time-outs) for the webpages to be completed – although we have entered the URL ´s into the profile section – “URL to be excluded from synchronization”.

So, bottom line – as it looks now after several days of testing, we are not in the position to do a 1000VU load test onto our website without load testing the social networks. (and thezy don´t like this)
We realy want to avoid to get onto the social media black list and we can not use the BDLT for doing a "real perfomance test". So I´m looking forward seeing some experiences or maybe you have another approach of which I’m not aware off?

Looking forward seeing your replies,

Mieke

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Looking for a SilkPerformer BDLT function equivalent for WebSetDomainSuppress

Jump to solution
Hi Mieke,

we have that item on our backlog.

As a short-term workaround, I could just suggest to block these URLs by using the Window's hosts file and add the ip address 127.0.0.1 for all the hosts you'd like to exclude.

I know it's not an easy task to change all the hosts files on all your agent computers but I hope this workaround helps at least a bit.

Cheers,
Thomas
0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Looking for a SilkPerformer BDLT function equivalent for WebSetDomainSuppress

Jump to solution
Hi Mieke,

we have that item on our backlog.

As a short-term workaround, I could just suggest to block these URLs by using the Window's hosts file and add the ip address 127.0.0.1 for all the hosts you'd like to exclude.

I know it's not an easy task to change all the hosts files on all your agent computers but I hope this workaround helps at least a bit.

Cheers,
Thomas
0 Likes
mgevers Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hi Thomas,

Thank you for your suggestion. It is indeed a bit arduous to make the changes to all agent´s hostfiles, but it is worth it.

If you got other suggestions, do not hesitate letting us known!

Thank you for sharing it with us,
Cheers,
Mieke
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
You can now use the BrowserSetDomainSuppress function in Browser Driven scripts to achieve this.

Details in Help:
documentation.microfocus.com/.../index.jsp
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.