sbk1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Multiple User Access

Jump to solution

Hi,

Have gone through the video tutorial and updated my scripts to change the value dynamically. the parameter which have changed was email id(e.g, test1@gmail.com........ )created a csv file with the same data for other 5 mail id's..... In the same file have customized the value with the next row password. but in the script when am trying to customize the password value(right click customize value option is not enabled).... cant able to assign the value dynamically for it.

Is this because email id & password are coming as subsequent parameters in the script, that too within the same script part?

Note : The Part am mentioning in the script is how the recording is done, that splitted automatically by the SP itself.

Could you please assist me in this ASAP...............

Thanks in Advance;

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
RodL Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: Multiple User Access

Jump to solution

Need a clarification in running the scripts with dynamic values; for eg;

1. Have created email id's for N users(e.g : 5 users) with its corresponding password.

>>best to call test data from a CSV data file using the FileGetNextUniqueRow, this insures that each VU will pick a different row (e.g. email). Note - Once the end of the file has been reached they will start at the top again. (see help for example)

2. While executing the script how i will be able to know that all this N users have been logged in? Because am not able to view the respective pages when the scripts are running. For some API's it says "Javascript is not Enabled"

>>Could be just a display issue in Truelog, or could be an indication that you need to carry out further customization in the script e.g. hardcoded session IDs.  Look at the source tab in Truelog to see if the page contains the data you expect.

Note : Have checked in my firefox browser, javascript is enabled. But don't know y still am getting this issue. Also in the trial run i can able to run with single user only. how to run with the N users? what settings are needed to be changed?

>>The Web Load Testing turorial, and the Truelog help contain some good information to get you started

~Rod

0 Likes
3 Replies
RodL Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

If you have already customized the password in the script but just need to include it in a different place in the script you can copy and paste the variable.

>>right click customize value option is not enabled

Is the item in the script you are selecting already a variable?

Can you attach a screenshot?

Please clarify what you mean "The Part am mentioning in the script is how the recording is done, "

~Rod

0 Likes
sbk1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi RodL,

1. Have created email id's for N users(e.g : 5 users) with its corresponding password.

2. While executing the script how i will be able to know that all this N users have been logged in? Because am not able to view the respective pages when the scripts are running. For some API's it says "Javascript is not Enabled"

Note : Have checked in my firefox browser, javascript is enabled. But don't know y still am getting this issue. Also in the trial run i can able to run with single user only. how to run with the N users? what settings are needed to be changed?

Please advise asap;

0 Likes
Highlighted
RodL Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

>>best to call test data from a CSV data file using the FileGetNextUniqueRow, this insures that each VU will pick a different row (e.g. email). Note - Once the end of the file has been reached they will start at the top again. (see help for example)

>>Could be just a display issue in Truelog, or could be an indication that you need to carry out further customization in the script e.g. hardcoded session IDs.  Look at the source tab in Truelog to see if the page contains the data you expect.

>>The Web Load Testing turorial, and the Truelog help contain some good information to get you started

~Rod

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.