Omar Lpz Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Performance testing on Native Apps on Android or Iphone

Hello everyone,

Due to a client, I need to learn how to make scripts in mobile apps in Silk Test and Silk Performer. In Silk Test there's not big deal, it's very intuitive and easy to use. The Problem comes in SP, I read here that SP does allow recording in native apps, but I've tried a few scripts and I ran into a few issues, I can Script Mobile Web apps like Amazon.com or similar, but I can't record in the Amazon Shopping App, I've read that some apps need an appropriate cert to replay the script, so I have some questions.  The client we're making performance tests for has his own app, unfortunately the scripts I'm trying to record doesn't record any https trafic. If we get the cert we can record or playback on that app? And is there some other apps in which I can run some tests? I've tried to record on the Ultimate Guitar app with some decent results but I need more apps to improve my skills with this tool

If anyone could lend me a hand with this I'd be very grateful. Thanks in advance

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.