Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Recording Oracle Forms/Applications with SP 16.5

I a trying to make some recondings with Silk Performer 16.5 on some applications.
Some of those applications are Oracle Forms and some are Oracle Applications.

All of them are started from a webpage.

When i record some actions using the Model Script button only the web actions are recorded.

None of the Oracle Application/Form actions shows in the recordings.

On creating the new project i did pick Oracle Forms or Oracle Applications as protocol.

What am i forgetting?

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Recording Oracle Forms/Applications with SP 16.5

Hi Patrick.

Can you confirm you have already met the Prerequisites set out in the Oracle Forms tutorial doc which ships with Silk Performer?

If so, please have a look at this article which might help - http://tinyurl.com/z4hv8z3.

If you can, log a support issue and we can help via that channel.

Best regards,

Ciaran.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

First i made sure i met up all the prerequisites: still no recording of the Forms part.

Then i tried the sollution in the mentioned article.

I created a profile for java.exe.

I started recording with the Oracle forms 10 protocol, and then switched to the new Java protocol during recording.

Is that the correct way?

I still could not see any recorded Oracle Forms actions.

When watching in process explorer inside the IExplorer proces from Silk Performer there was not a java.exe but a jp2launcher.exe.

Should i make a profile for that process?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Yes, please try hooking jp2launcher.exe. We've seen several support incidents where this allowed the OraForms functions to be recorded.

Just make sure to check the correct Oracle protocol selection when you are creating the recorder profile.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Now i see some more recordings, but just calls like WebUrl and WebPageUrl

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

My colleage had a bright moment and read there are problems with Java 8 and Silk Performer recording forms. I isntalled Java 7, and changed Silk Performer so it uses java 7. Now it does record Forms on the original protocol....

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

@patrick would u please suggest we the combinations you have tried and the settings you implemented coz  i am facing the same issue while recording oraform with error:-  EXCEPTION in JavaEngineHookClass: com.segue.javahooking.transformer.HookException: Exception in hookClass

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.