New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Recording for java applets which are embedded in a web page

Jump to solution

Hi,

Please let me know how to record application which is based on java applet technology and java applet communicate with server over socks connection.

We have tried recording and found below recorded scripts,

WebTcpipConnect(hWeb0, "0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:FFFF:AC1F:1078", 19000);
WebTcpipSend(hWeb0,
" WSWebTBA UP00000000014000 (Server IP) D0000 "
" 0 000NN 005300000075IWQRYTAS"
"KOBJNAME=ValLoginTO&Z1=(Server IP)&Z2=USERID=.....&USERPASS=.....&LANG=INFENG&CLIENT=(Server IP)&PORT=99"
"99");
WebTcpipRecvExact(hWeb0, NULL, 356);
WebTcpipSend(hWeb0, "UP000000000065 P 004500000008IWP4=IWS8b31be5a497&Z1=(Server IP)&Z2=G=B05 &");
WebTcpipRecvExact(hWeb0, NULL, 43142);
WebTcpipSend(hWeb0, "UP000000000065 P 004500000008IWP4=IWS8b31be5a497&Z1=(Server IP)&Z2=G=F05 &");
WebTcpipRecvExact(hWeb0, NULL, 64);

Kindly give us your valuable inputs.

Thanks...

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

It might be possible but you would need expert knowledge of both TPCIP and how the AUT is using it.

Customization is discussed a bit more here - community.microfocus.com/.../9493.considerations-when-testing-an-application-using-tcpip-functions.aspx.

Best regards,

Ciaran.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi.

It might be worth reviewing this thread where both support and R&D have provided some insight into testing java applets - community.microfocus.com/.../8616.aspx.

I hope it helps.

Ciaran.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Ciaran,

Thanks for your reply, I gone through the provided link as well as "community.microfocus.com/.../12835.aspx" this link.

I'm able to record the application traffic but response is as above mention.

How to decode recorded traffic in readable format in Silk Performer?

Please suggest your valuable inputs.

Thanks...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi VishalB.

The most likely case is that the application is actually using TCPIP for communication. Can you check with the developers or use Wireshark to see exactly which protocol to expect?

If its using TCPIP then customization will be very difficult / timeconsuming and one of the other options will be better.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Ciaran,

You are right, application is using TCP/IP for communication.

Will check if other options are available or not.

But is it possible TCP/IP parameterization in SP?

Thanks...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

It might be possible but you would need expert knowledge of both TPCIP and how the AUT is using it.

Customization is discussed a bit more here - community.microfocus.com/.../9493.considerations-when-testing-an-application-using-tcpip-functions.aspx.

Best regards,

Ciaran.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Ciaran,

for your prompt reply

will do further analysis.

If anything is required then i'll trouble you once again.Smile

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.