Naina Rawat Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Response Time

Jump to solution

I have send a request suppose to find "highest paid business man", but the web server suddenly goes down, then in that case will my request has a response or not? what will be the response time of my request? As response time means first byte of request send to last byte of response received. But in this case the server was down, so what will be my response time? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Response Time

Jump to solution

I tested this by stopping my web server during the downloading of a large file with TryScript.

I got "HTTP: 1011 - unexpected connection close during read" reported and a partial server response shown in TrueLog Explorer. In my case, I also got the usual Statistics reported in the Statistics tab of TrueLog Explorer.

If the server goes down prior to the client request being made you should get a HTTP 503 error (the service is down).

Is this a theoretical question or an actual technical issue?

Best regards,

Ciaran.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

I tested this by stopping my web server during the downloading of a large file with TryScript.

I got "HTTP: 1011 - unexpected connection close during read" reported and a partial server response shown in TrueLog Explorer. In my case, I also got the usual Statistics reported in the Statistics tab of TrueLog Explorer.

If the server goes down prior to the client request being made you should get a HTTP 503 error (the service is down).

Is this a theoretical question or an actual technical issue?

Best regards,

Ciaran.

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

This was a theoretical question. Thank you Ciaran. What I have understood is that when we fire any request and then in between the server goes down, we still get a response.

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

This was a theoretical question. Thank you Ciaran.

So for the later case also it was reported HTTP 503 error, then in the truelog, response time is shown or not for the later case???

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

For the latter, you cannot have a response time, because no response gets sent. You'll still see the client side stuff like DNS and Connect but of course no server response because its not responding.

But if the server goes down after it was sending data, then yes you will get those times.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.