AmbitiousAmit Contributor.
Contributor.

Silk Performer 17 Header

Hi All,

I have recorded a script in SP 17.0 version on Chrome browser and just try script after customization but script didn't run successfully then I debug to the issue and here is difference I got. Could anyone explained me why I am getting below difference and how can I resolve this issue?

In Recorded True Log I got below header under OutHeader TAB.

Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded; charset=UTF-8

In Replay True Log I got below header under OutHeader TAB.

Content-Type: multipart/form-data; boundary=----------------------d1ecf195bd9e

Due to this difference I am not getting the desired outcome.

What there is a difference in Content Type Header?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Amit

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
RodL Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: Silk Performer 17 Header

You can see this in a form submission/file upload, the usual cause is that the HTML form has one Content-Type, however JavaScript changes this on submission to a different Content-Type.

Using AJAX / BDLT project type the browser app executes the javascript on replay, however at protocol this does not happen.

SP17 added the ability for some functions to be able to change the content-type e.g. WebPageForm, WebFormPost, etc - check if your function is included:

see "formBody" section

documentation.microfocus.com/.../SILKPERF-FA3D78C5-WEBPAGEFORMFUNCTION-REF.html

If this is not an option then you would need to map the recorded function to one that only supports application/x-www-form-urlencoded (search help for options)

Using an AJAX project may also be an option.

~Rod

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.